Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
I'm looking forward to using the members map, however as you can see by my member info to the left, it does not show me as a member. I do have the emblem and a member number. Am I missing something?
Post here please it will get help faster, I will taq it after you do.....https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/support/

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Hello Jim
IPad Air 128 with more than 30 gigabytes free memory, so unlikely to be a memory problemView attachment 98614
This is where the map hangs up and nothing happens for over a minute
View attachment 98615
This is what happens after I move over the map for a couple of minutes. After this I get a map of USA, and when I scroll over to Scotland, none of the OB members are visible.
It appears to me more like a server problem as the map is so slow to respond to control inputs and the white bar shown on the first image is a loading bar, this moves a short distance across the screen, hangs up briefly, then gets to about half way, then hangs up again, then eventually it moves fully across the screen and I have a map. If I try to move the map, or re-scale using pinch motion on screen, sometimes it works, then after a few control inputs it crashes and I get the second image.
Hope you can fix this, kind regards, K33F

Yeah plenty mem, there is a little pop up stating a website is slowing the page down, so I suspect that is the starting point, which @Michael will need to direct....

keeflester

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Carradale, Scotland
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Yeah plenty mem, there is a little pop up stating a website is slowing the page down, so I suspect that is the starting point, which @Michael will need to direct....
Thanks Jim. Not expecting miracles, as long as the problem ain’t kicked into the long grass I’m happy if someone is looking at it. kind regards, K33F

hfd376

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Henrico, VA, USA
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Mitchell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N4HDF
Everyone if you will post here I will tag it as needing support, each of you will get help and we can clear these things up.

Post here: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/support/

We will be working on it ASAP

jim
When I follow the forums support link above, I get to a screen telling me I am not authorized to view the page or perform the action. It also references to contact info@overlandbound.com. Doing that only carries me to the main page. So, am I to assume purchasing a "membership" from the store, that comes with a vehicle emblem and a "membership" number does not make me a member?

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
When I follow the forums support link above, I get to a screen telling me I am not authorized to view the page or perform the action. It also references to contact info@overlandbound.com. Doing that only carries me to the main page. So, am I to assume purchasing a "membership" from the store, that comes with a vehicle emblem and a "membership" number does not make me a member?
Ok yes you have bought all you need but it is looking like your not upgraded yet, which is done via an email sent to you after you bought the membership: Have an OB Emblem? Upgrade Your Account!

Did you do that? If you did then we will have to do it for you...and we will need to wait a couple days as everyone is at expo and I am not fully on to do it yet...Appreciate you helping us help you and most of all your patience.....So first things, check if you got the above email and activated it, LMK

JIm

hfd376

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Henrico, VA, USA
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Mitchell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N4HDF
Ok yes you have bought all you need but it is looking like your not upgraded yet, which is done via an email sent to you after you bought the membership: Have an OB Emblem? Upgrade Your Account!

Did you do that? If you did then we will have to do it for you...and we will need to wait a couple days as everyone is at expo and I am not fully on to do it yet...Appreciate you helping us help you and most of all your patience.....So first things, check if you got the above email and activated it, LMK

JIm
Thank You Jim, this was around April 4, I seem to remember following the link and using an activation code. No worries on the time frame, I was kind of expecting it might take a while.

Reactions: nhfire

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Thank You Jim, this was around April 4, I seem to remember following the link and using an activation code. No worries on the time frame, I was kind of expecting it might take a while.

Ok now we know it has to be done internally so just as soon as we can we will fix you right up! @Michael might see this sooner....

Jim

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

When you become a badge-holding Overland Bound Member, you get access to the Map of OB Members . This allows you to see what other Overland Bound members are in your area!

Colors indicate the member status:

1. Platinum - Founder 500
2. Gold - OB Member
3. Bright Yellow - Benefactor
4. Green - Moderator
5. Black - Forum user, not member

There are a few steps to gaining access:
  • You MUST be an OB Member (badge holder) and have your forum account upgraded to "Member" (you will have a gold banner in your forum profile card that says "Member".
  • If you are not a member with an emblem, Go here: OB Member, then contact us to upgrade your forum account.
  • You can now access the Member Map!
  • In your user drop down menu, edit "Personal Details".

• Edit "Map Location" - This is your location on the member map.

• Also edit "Host and "Helper" to indicate if you are available for members to stay, ior call you for assistance!
PLEASE NOTE: The Member Map updates once a day at Midnight Pacific time. When you add yourself or make any changes to your location, please wait until after that time to see your changes.
How does this work ?

Sheepdog41

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Dover, OH, USA
First Name
Brooks
Last Name
Ross
Member #

I have experienced similar issues as others have already posted. I became a member in March of this year. I followed the instructions in the email to upgrade my account, but I still cannot see others members on the map feature.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
I have experienced similar issues as others have already posted. I became a member in March of this year. I followed the instructions in the email to upgrade my account, but I still cannot see others members on the map feature.
Fixed ya up

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.