Maine to Portland Oregon via Canada

• HTML tutorial

Marty

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Phippsburg, Maine
Member #

Leaving July 15 headed for Ottawa then west over Great Lakes, Winnipeg to Edmonton then Jasper through Rockies. Then south to Spokane and west along Hood River to Portland. 30 days 3400 miles +/-.

Reactions: CampWithChin

CampWithChin

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Lexington, MA
First Name
Alfred
Last Name
Chin
Member #

We might crosspath somewhere. Will be heading back east from Jasper and might stay in Canada until Quebec/Ontario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

canadianoverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Whitehorse, YT, Canada
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
and Laurie
Member #

Hi Marty, we are doing the same route to BC and depart on the 15th also. We're heading out from the Bon Echo area and heading to the trans Canada highway out west. We'll be ahead of you but we're in our Jeep LJ so you might just pass us because we're doing the speed limit or we're gassing up again :tongueout:

canadianoverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Whitehorse, YT, Canada
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
and Laurie
Member #

Delta bc to pick up a off road trailer. We're going to try to reach Delta in 4 nights, pick up the trailer and camp going home sight seeing and exploring all the way home for 2 weeks. Depending on your itinerary and we're we are we may even see each other. :)

Marty

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Phippsburg, Maine
Member #

My itinerary is coming together. Have you done this drive before? Any advice?
PM me with an address and we can exchange travel plans.

Last edited:

canadianoverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Whitehorse, YT, Canada
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
and Laurie
Member #

I have done the trip from London area to Edmonton Alberta before but not all the way to BC. My wife has. There is so much to see and do, I'm forced to pick and choose what I want to do. With the wild fires in BC we may not stay long in BC (Namely I do not want to be lumped in with as a "disaster tourist"). But there is lots to do in Alberta, Saskatchewan, and along the Trans-Canada Highway through Ontario for your route.
Dumb question, how do you PM?

Marty

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Phippsburg, Maine
Member #

PM = personal message. Send direct email or click on my name and "start a conversation."
I've just today heard about the fires. (Typical Yankee.) I had planned about 5 days in eastern BC. Should I reconsider?
Still planning to leave Maine on Saturday.

CampWithChin

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Lexington, MA
First Name
Alfred
Last Name
Chin
Member #

You need to consider about the forest fire in BC. I'm in Alberta and it's hazy and smell smoky.

CampWithChin

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Lexington, MA
First Name
Alfred
Last Name
Chin
Member #

Rats. I so want to see the Rockies. But the smoke would trigger my asthma.
My post is not try to steer you away from the Rockies. The hazy situation last about 2 days in Jasper. Then, it was back to normal.

But I would suggest check the update status for Jasper National Park, Yoho National Park and Banff National Park. I'm get update from twitter. They have been fighting brush fire since I left the region.

Reactions: Marty