Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Orion
Last Name
Walther
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0CKJ
Any Overland Bound members here on the Atlantic side happen to be hitting MLO's open house this Saturday? They're located in West Chester PA. Think they'll have some cool rigs and trailers on display. We'll be heading up from Annapolis, MD... hitting Cabellas and the open house prior to camping. Walt

Overlandllama

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Orion
Last Name
Walther
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0CKJ
Yeah! I spoke to Matt from MLO and it's just an open house. Probably just to get their gear out for folks to drool over. We'll be making a pit-stop at Cabela's on the way but we'll probably get there around lunchtime.
This link should get you the basics of the event:
http://www.mainlineoverland.com/blogs/news

Cheers, Walt

Overlandllama

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Orion
Last Name
Walther
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0CKJ
Greetings Overland Bound crew! We shot up to West Chester, PA for Main Line Overland's Spring Open House with a stop at Cabela's on the way (which was crazy due to wind/cold). Here are a few pics:

IMG_20170304_120313530_HDR.jpg
Quite a few unique/fun rigs were there

IMG_20170304_114845867.jpg
These are alway so cool to see... for $99K it could be yours!

IMG_20170304_114702826_HDR.jpg
Yes, there was an OB member rig (1093) there but didn't meet any OB members. I was there earlier than expected... none of the folks there claimed to be OB members...

IMG_20170304_115107321.jpg
Some interesting deals to be had... if they worked for your rig.

IMG_20170304_114638772_HDR.jpg
What I was really there to see... 2016 Taco, which is closest to my platform. Although really capable, I don't think I want to go this heavy (this pop-up weighs around 1,400 lbs. Afer discussing with Matt (MLO), we came up with the AT Habitat. They're not cheap (about 8K for the base line model). It's a significant investment, although we were considering an R-Pod style trailer that would have been twice as much and not really suitable for what we need. The Habitat is something to consider.

The folks at Mainline Overland are great... very helpful. For East Coasters, I would recommend them as a waypoint if you are ever in the PA area.

Cheers, Walt

Attachments

rixham

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Frederick, MD
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Rixham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3NAZ
Hey... That's my 4Runner...LOL I was there about 1230ish... Pete talked me into the 3rd Gen snorkel, great product placement by the way.