Macro or general Nature Photography?

• HTML tutorial

Robert Jordan

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Grass Valley, CA
Member #

Out of those of you who enjoy photography on your adventures do you prefer Macro or general Nature Photography? I am a Macro person generally. I love the details that it brings out that nature hides right in front of us. Granted a Macro setup is usually more expensive than a standard kit lens that comes with most cameras these days but with some training and education you can really make your kit system perform very well for close up shots. Just curious as photography is a passion of mine.

Reactions: willlord

Retinens803

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
CJC
Last Name
CJC
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4BMJ
I really enjoy close ups of nature like flowers and insects or anything I can get close up on. I would love to afford a macro lens but no where close to being a priority

Muggy42

Rank 0

Traveler I

I used my tax return this year on a Sigma 70mm macro lens. Haven't gotten to take it out quite yet, but I can't wait. The couple of test shots I've taken with it are really nice.

keeflester

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Carradale, Scotland
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Lester
Member #

It’s great to be able to afford a macro lens to put on a dslr, but actually, photography is more about seeing what’s there than the gear. I’ll give you a couple of examples, taken with my iPhone IMG_2750.JPGIMG_2067.JPG

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
It’s great to be able to afford a macro lens to put on a dslr, but actually, photography is more about seeing what’s there than the gear. I’ll give you a couple of examples, taken with my iPhone View attachment 87911View attachment 87912
Totaly agree the two above were taken with iphone 5se i have expensive kit but carry myphone every were. I remeber the great david Bailey saying he carried a simple olypis trip saying you never now whenthe opotunity will arise camras dont make great photos situations do.

Reactions: keeflester