M1101 Overland Trailer Build

• HTML tutorial

zachary

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

johnson city tn
Member #

I just started building a M1101 overland trailer. The first day I started off by sanding down the majority of the trailer, taping off the lights, and spraying primer gray over the entire body. Day 2 I started spraying dark grey over the body, till it started raining.
I will post updates every day I work on it.
IMG_5415.JPG IMG_5414.JPG IMG_5413.JPG IMG_5412.JPG IMG_5416.JPG IMG_5417.JPG IMG_5418.JPG IMG_5420.JPG IMG_5421.JPG

Oniel Mendez

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

New Jersey
Member #

Hey dude really nice job you did with your trailer!I have a crazy question... do you know the dimension of the trailer axle I mean from plate to plate where the axle/suspension is bolted to the trailer body. I have a M105a2 and I was thinking that if the dimensions are the same and close enough I could swap suspension, that will give me a modern suspension and better ride and save me a lot of money as those trailers could be picked up rather cheap!

Last edited:

zachary

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

johnson city tn
Member #

Hey man, I actually don't know the dimensions, but I can take a look at them this weekend and let you know. I'm actually replacing the axle and suspension in the next couple of weeks as well.

zachary

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

johnson city tn
Member #

Did you end up doing an axle swap?
I've boughten my new axel and brake setup, but I haven't swapped them yet. I ended up selling my rig and have been spending time building my new rig up. I'll eventually finish the trailer, but for now it works as is.

zachary

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

johnson city tn
Member #

That looks sweet I need to figure something out like that I was looking at the 416 but I can find 105 a lot easier
The m1101 is great, its just quite large. I can't find enough stuff to fill all of the space. The 416 is an awesome trailer as well. I've been working on mine quite a bit the past 2 weeks. Im going to do an update on here when I'm done with it in the next few weeks.