LR4 Hidden Winch Install Est.

• HTML tutorial

ClearwaterScott

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbia, Missouri
Member #

I picked up a terra-firma hidden winch mounting plate and got a great deal on a superwinch from one of our fellow members here. :). Reviewing a number of sites on how to go a about doing the install I got scared away from doing the project myself. I just don't feel like I am ready to cut pieces out of the bumper.

I emailed a local shop that I expect has little experience with LR's all of the above information and asked for an estimate. They asked I stop by to let them take a look. They explained to me they were estimating the install would take between 20 and 22 hours. At $85 an hour thats coming close to $2,000.

Anyone have any experience with cost of actual install.

Cheers!

MS_Disco

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Madison, MS
Member #

I picked up a terra-firma hidden winch mounting plate and got a great deal on a superwinch from one of our fellow members here. :). Reviewing a number of sites on how to go a about doing the install I got scared away from doing the project myself. I just don't feel like I am ready to cut pieces out of the bumper.

I emailed a local shop that I expect has little experience with LR's all of the above information and asked for an estimate. They asked I stop by to let them take a look. They explained to me they were estimating the install would take between 20 and 22 hours. At $85 an hour thats coming close to $2,000.

Anyone have any experience with cost of actual install.

Cheers!
That's pretty steep for labor only. The last hidden hitch I put on was a simple bolt to frame, bolt winch in and wire up. Hard part(not that hard) was making room for the roller fairlead without hacking the bumper up. You got this!! Take your time, measure 5 times, cut once [emoji6]

OB#3799

Roger352

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

, Cornwall PL17 , United Kingdom
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Smith
Member #

If you use a synthetic rope as well you will be able to get away making a smaller cut. You don't need the fairlead rollers. That price seems very steep for a job that should take less than a day at most.

Reactions: DanR