Rank III

Enthusiast I

Clever, MO
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
O’Reilly
Member #

Philosophical debate; I keep taking my drawer system in and out. I like having it for lots of reasons, not the least is having my fridge slider above a drawer full of gear, which is nice. But in a lot of ways I think the max flexibility for a vehicle with a third row (and as much cargo space as the LR4 has) is leaving the drawers out and using storage boxes. I have three rugrats, which factors into my thinking.

Anybody else lay awake at night thinking about this problem.

jmartin20.jm

Rank 0

Contributor I

Central Virginia
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Mart
I have an LR3 with a fridge and drawers as well. It’s not my daily, so I don’t necessarily have to take them out. I’m looking at getting a full-size Range Rover soon for a daily, so I can keep the LR3 as the Overlanding rig. IMG_1977.jpgAdjustments.jpgIMG_2263.jpg

Lindenwood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

1) Can you use the drawers while carrying your 3 kids? If not, toss em; I'd rather take my kids overlanding than gear!

2) Are the drawers as easy to remove / reinstall as a few cases would be? Even if you can carry the kids + drawers, if you are having to regularly remove them then you might as well make removing and repacking the gear as easy as possible.