Barclay

Local Expert Southern CA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Los Angeles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6BDO
There's a Norco/Corona Meetup, but that can be grueling depending on traffic (if there's no dirt at the end of drive ...). I see a reasonably good concentration of people on the Westside, what's the interest level for a Westside Meetup? If there's enough, I can see about scouting a location/time/etc.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
There's a Norco/Corona Meetup, but that can be grueling depending on traffic (if there's no dirt at the end of drive ...). I see a reasonably good concentration of people on the Westside, what's the interest level for a Westside Meetup? If there's enough, I can see about scouting a location/time/etc.

Are you invested in some info on our Sierra Foothills Meet-up and how we got started and what we have done? I can send some doc's just pm me at Kent R

Reactions: Liana Lehua

Rattlesnake44

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hawthorne, CA
Member #

I’m Southbay and I’d be interested in a west side meet up. Also interested in local group outings. [emoji1360]

Liana Lehua

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California, CA, USA
First Name
Liana
Last Name
Lehua
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6WH

I love it! I'm in! Thanks for posting.

Barclay

Local Expert Southern CA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Los Angeles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6BDO
Hrm, 4 people isn't exactly a landslide of interest (although I'll still set something up). Is there a facebook group for OB west, where someone could solicit to see if there's more interested parties? (I don't have a facebook account.)

Barclay

Local Expert Southern CA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Los Angeles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6BDO
Some action is better than inaction, so let's just kick this off. How about https://www.google.com/maps/place/33°58'43.8"N+118°26'18.5"W @ 10am this upcoming Saturday? There's a decent sized parking lot, Starbucks, and some other restaurants around. It doesn't conflict with the IE or OC meetups. We can use the first meeting to figure out what we want to do with the meeting. E.g., social, training/education, trip planning, etc.

-B

Barclay

Local Expert Southern CA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Los Angeles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6BDO
Well that was a bust, not sure if it was the time, place, notification, or interest. I'm interested in trying again, but looking for feedback. What would bring you in to a meet?

Barclay

Local Expert Southern CA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Los Angeles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6BDO
I'm not on Facebook (nor do I have the desire to be). I'm fine with someone proxying info, though.

Gary Stevens

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reseda California
Member #

Well I only now saw this, and I would love to have gone. That said, how about a real address for us that are not up to speed on coordinates. I have gone to the Simi Valley events and would enjoy one of the westside. Part of the issue may have been getting this noticed, cause I sure missed it.

Barclay

Local Expert Southern CA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Los Angeles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6BDO
Well I only now saw this, and I would love to have gone. That said, how about a real address for us that are not up to speed on coordinates. I have gone to the Simi Valley events and would enjoy one of the westside. Part of the issue may have been getting this noticed, cause I sure missed it.
Sure! Will put together another date/time when I get back to civilization. FYI, I only did the coordinate thing since that's what other socal meetups appear to do. At least, the ones I checked.

Reactions: Gary Stevens

bundi3180

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

US
I'm down for a Meet Up. Keep us posted. Southbay Native now OC resident looking for people who can show me and T4R4x4 the ropes in overlanding. Very enthusiastic to get started. So far I have only done Santiago Peak but Im sure you guys know of better trails.. Let me know if anyone's planning a day trip locally. SoCal Newbie

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Barclay

Local Expert Southern CA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Los Angeles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6BDO
Ok, let's try again! Same place, but 30m earlier based on when the parking lot started filling up from last time:

- Sat, Feb 10th. Hopefully monthly recurring, but we need to get traction first.
- Starts at 9:30am; I'll be there 9:30-10:30. If people show and we're having a good time, we can always stay later, but if it dwindles I'll assume ending at 10:30.
- Starbucks in Marina del Rey: https://goo.gl/maps/eUEWTtjvehp (near Sugarfish, West Marine, etc.)
- We'll use the opportunity to figure out what we want to do with the meeting, e.g., social, training/education, trip planning/reports, etc.

If you're wondering if I'm there, look for lifted dark grey JKU with yellow (OME) shocks. I'll probably be at a table, with a little sign out or something, drinking a large coffee.

For those of you with social media outlets, please pass along the info. Thanks!

-B

Reactions: jxmkhn

bundi3180

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

US
Ok, let's try again! Same place, but 30m earlier based on when the parking lot started filling up from last time:

- Sat, Feb 10th. Hopefully monthly recurring, but we need to get traction first.
- Starts at 9:30am; I'll be there 9:30-10:30. If people show and we're having a good time, we can always stay later, but if it dwindles I'll assume ending at 10:30.
- Starbucks in Marina del Rey: https://goo.gl/maps/eUEWTtjvehp (near Sugarfish, West Marine, etc.)
- We'll use the opportunity to figure out what we want to do with the meeting, e.g., social, training/education, trip planning/reports, etc.

If you're wondering if I'm there, look for lifted dark grey JKU with yellow (OME) shocks. I'll probably be at a table, with a little sign out or something, drinking a large coffee.

For those of you with social media outlets, please pass along the info. Thanks!

-B
Cant do saturdays bro. Too short of a notice. I work in the medical field. Will try my best to make it though.

Last edited:

Barclay

Local Expert Southern CA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Los Angeles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6BDO
Gah, I wish I would have read this first; I just created the rally point entry a bit ago. I'd hesitate to change it once posted since it's only 5 days aways, but let's see what the consensus is. Maybe we can move to Sundays (although that makes it hard to set it as a pre-run meetup in the future).

bundi3180

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

US
Gah, I wish I would have read this first; I just created the rally point entry a bit ago. I'd hesitate to change it once posted since it's only 5 days aways, but let's see what the consensus is. Maybe we can move to Sundays (although that makes it hard to set it as a pre-run meetup in the future).
In the futture i can manage. Since i can give a heads up. But this is just too close for comfort.

cgoerrissen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chatsworth
Member #

Well I don’t know if the three of us was a bust this morning, but I enjoyed meeting you (Barclay) and James. I’m up for another meetup next month for sure. IMG_2778.jpgIMG_2779.jpg

Reactions: jxmkhn

bundi3180

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

US
Set a date early guys. I will be attending the next one for sure. Just need a heads up for work.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk