Looking for river/lake trail

• HTML tutorial

naco_taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Hello all. First time posting. Looking for a great trail in Northern California, preferably around Hwy4 or about 4/5 hours away from the Bay Area. The crew and I are starting to feel the warmth and are needing some help with a great location. Looking for lakeside or river side camping. Thanks y'all.

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

I've found some nice trails in the Backcountry Adventure book for Northern California.

naco_taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

I cannot find a 2006 copy of this for less than $40 - 50. Is it worth that much?

I've tried some pirate sleuthing, and no one's uploaded it as a PDF. Haven't tried torrents yet.
I picked up the new NorCal edition. I think it's worth the $40 bucks. Well detailed and great maps. Still looking for the old version.

Lassen

Rank V

Member III

Hello all. First time posting. Looking for a great trail in Northern California, preferably around Hwy4 or about 4/5 hours away from the Bay Area. The crew and I are starting to feel the warmth and are needing some help with a great location. Looking for lakeside or river side camping. Thanks y'all.
Not sure if this is if interest to you, but Lake Alpine, near which are several 4 WD trails; Spicer Meadows Reservoir which is a bit more off the beaten path than Lake Alpine. Haven't been to Spicer yet, but looks like it could be interesting. Also off highway 4 is Corral Hollow, a good 4 WD trail about 15 minutes before you get to Lake Alpine. Check Michaels (Mr OverlandBound) YouTube channel for some awesome views you can get up there.

TRL EATR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bastian
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1TRL
I'm a big fan of the trails around Lake Alpine. Good camping around the lake, great camping just a short distance from the beginning on the Slick Rock trail.