Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, Texas, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Alvarez
Member #

HJ is also a diesel if I am not mistaken. If you are truly looking for a diesel Land Cruiser I know a guy in Van Alstyne, TX who imports them from Europe and then sells them. joesclassiccruisers@outlook.com
Awesome thank you. Yeah that will probably be out of my price range. I found the HJ80 for a good price (something that runs but I can still work on it as I go), but I just could not find any info on the Trim HJ80. From the specs I read on it, i believe it’s a gas engine. Thank you very much for the info and the suggestions/connection for diesel ones.

Corbet

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Durango, CO
First Name
Corbet
Last Name
Hoover
Member #

IH8MUD.com is your best source for LandCruiser info.

You posted HJ85 and now HJ80? If the vehicle in question is an “H” whatever it’s a diesel. If gas it will start with “F”. FJ80 or FZJ80. LandCruisers don’t really have a trim level in the US. They all come pretty much loaded with a couple exceptions of rare cloth interiors on FZJ80’s. Lockers were optional. (All are fulltime AWD transfer cases with a part time lock when placed in low)

Non North American 80 Series trucks had trim levels. Rubber floor work trucks to beyond what we got here.