Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I'm trying to find a pickup camper shell to replace my Diamond Back cover with that will give me more room in the back of my truck but still support a Rooftop Tent. A.R.E. has their HD series that would work but they don't sell one for my 2011 F-150, they only go back as far as 2015. I know there are companies out there that sell "Overland" camper shells but they're hard to find, I remember seeing them at Expo East last year. I'm just looking for leads on companies that sell camper shells that will support a Rooftop Tent and allow me better access to the back of my truck, if any of you know of some companies that do this please let me know.

Last edited:

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
You can also reinforce any shell with a steel or wood frame structure underneath.

Reactions: Viking1204

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
You can also reinforce any shell with a steel or wood frame structure underneath.
Thanks, I've been thinking about that. I used SuperStruts to build the rack on top of my Diamond Back cover to support my RTT in my current setup. I think that could be used to reinforce a standard cap, just need to find a gray one that fits a 2011 F-150 I guess.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
I've seen overlanders make a stout rack, all the way to the roof of the cap, then drill through the cap, and through bolt a basket and RTT right to it. Just make sure it's got enough "triangulation" and you're GTG.

Absolutely no load on the shell at all.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
That's what I'm thinking I could do with Superstruts, now I just need to find a Cap that fits my truck at a decent price.