Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
X4 on the Blue Ridge. I spent more money trying to find a tool roll that fit my needs than I would have spent on the Blue Ridge. Best tool organizer I found.

Scott

Reactions: Nickzero

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

X4 on the Blue Ridge. I spent more money trying to find a tool roll that fit my needs than I would have spent on the Blue Ridge. Best tool organizer I found.

Scott
Confident I will be buying one soon! Thanks for your input.

johnO

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Portland, OR
First Name
John
Last Name
Olivier
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BXG
I know I'm a little late to the party, but bought the waxed canvas Shop Roll from ATC - really great quality. Haven't filled it out yet - tools on the way ... but this thing is solid. Anyone looking for a good roll should definitely check it out ... https://adventuretoolcompany.com/product/shoproll-tool-roll

ATC Rolled.JPG ATC Unrolled.JPG

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Bought the Blue ridge tool case with those velcro plastic pull out tubes. Seems like a kickass system for organizing the tools.
Love their gear! Great company, and awesome events that they put on as well!

Chuckem12

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

South Florida
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Mike
Member #

How handy are you with a needle and thread? Any old jeans or backpacks laying around the house? Why not make your own tool roll? Its a bit time consuming and won't look as pretty as something purchased but you'll be saving some coin and getting rid of somethings that are just sitting around the home. I had some old jeans which were too faded to continue wearing and I made a nice little motorcycle tool roll about a year ago. Ended up selling the bike and the tool roll with it as an incentive but it worked great for what I needed. If a single pair of jeans is too thin, try multiple pairs and stitch them together. If you have one close, try a thrift store or a donations hub... you can get used jeans very cheap there. If you feel a little more froggy, you can find old backpacks or purses and try it with that material. Some purses are surprisingly rugged. If you are not worried about appearance, since they'll get dirty anyway, try a couple different materials for the heavier items.