Clay
Last Name
Bradfield
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TTA
Service Branch
US Army
I need a rear differential rebuilt and am looking for a Jeep shop in central/southern Idaho. Anybody have a recommendation?

64Trvlr

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
Do you need a posi rebuilt, do you mean a whole new differential or just new gears.

I'n my experience you don't need a Jeep shop you just need a shop that does lots of quality work on differentials. I also think a good shop that works on lots of different stuff will be cheaper than one that "specializes" in Jeeps only.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I need a rear differential rebuilt and am looking for a Jeep shop in central/southern Idaho. Anybody have a recommendation?
There are a lot of good 4x4 shops in Boise... stop in and ask the guys at 4 Wheel Parts who the recommend. Mountain Home Auto Ranch hooked me up real good when I broke down traveling through on my way to Colorado Springs last year.

TXJeep

Rank 0

Contributor I

Dallas
First Name
James
Last Name
C
Do you need a posi rebuilt, do you mean a whole new differential or just new gears.

I'n my experience you don't need a Jeep shop you just need a shop that does lots of quality work on differentials. I also think a good shop that works on lots of different stuff will be cheaper than one that "specializes" in Jeeps only.
Completely true, a Jeep shop will almost definately charge you more, especially if you have a newer Jeep, you will get the JK tax.

Reactions: 64Trvlr