Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mantorville, MN, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Nash
Member #

I’m trying to figure out what kind of lockable storage I can find for trips without tops or doors. Trying to avoid loosing items to sticky fingers. My idea is a knaack box. If anyone has any other ideas of lockable storage.... I will have a pelican 50 in front of the tailgate and I have enough room for a 42” knaack box with the feet cut off.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@Tim nash
I’m trying to figure out what kind of lockable storage I can find for trips without tops or doors. Trying to avoid loosing items to sticky fingers. My idea is a knaack box. If anyone has any other ideas of lockable storage.... I will have a pelican 50 in front of the tailgate and I have enough room for a 42” knaack box with the feet cut off.
20 years ago when my brother has his Wrangler there were a number of makers of locking storage. IIRC he had a Tuffy clocking Center console, Bestop locking drawers under both Driver and Passenger seats, and a big lock box in the back that opened from the top and had a drawer hidden behind the tailgate.

Boort

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
Taffy makes all kinds of lockable storage. Best of all, they make it right here in the USA. You pay a bit more for their products, but it’s worth it. I have a conceal carry drawer in my JK. It does exactly what I need it to.

Reactions: Tim nash

Tim nash

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mantorville, MN, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Nash
Member #

I think I’m going to end up getting a 42”jobox it’s about the size I was wanting and 340$ seems like a pretty good price for such security... I mean I know where there’s a will or a way but it should discourage most

Tim nash

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mantorville, MN, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Nash
Member #

Reactions: Nickzero