Local Trails / Free Camping

• HTML tutorial

Jacob Camp

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Burlington Ontario
Member #

Due to the busy season in Real Estate being right now, I'm finding it hard to get away for more then a night. can anyone recommend a trail or free campsite around the GTA that I can get away to but still not be too far from home?
I have done some research on (Crown Land) and free camping, but its not too clear. Can anyone expand on this subject?
Thanks.

Reactions: k_dipietro

canadianoverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Whitehorse, YT, Canada
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
and Laurie
Member #

Sorry dude no....plus there isn't a lot of crown land around the GTA. The ont mnr website doesn't show any crown land that you can drive on other than military and federal establishments. Go east of GTA and north of hwy 7. Keep an eye for "trail fest" next year, it's usually in august. They usually got some good trail runs.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

canadianoverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Whitehorse, YT, Canada
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
and Laurie
Member #

Website "free camping.com" is ok and somewhat helpful in northern Ontario and the rest of Canada but in southern Ontario a lot of people stay at Walmart ....sad[emoji90]
Get your hands on BRMB app, disk, sd card or the actual Back Road Map Books for ontario. Version 7 is actually pretty good and accurate.

Reactions: Jacob Camp

canadianoverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Whitehorse, YT, Canada
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
and Laurie
Member #

If you don't mind travelling there is tons of places north of Hwy 7 east of Toronto. Mind you folks that wheel in the GTA might have way better insight.

hadam380

Rank 0

Traveler I

Im in orangeville and there's nothing except a couple short runs within a hour of me and a couple of them are pretty hairy have to have a winch and a skinny rig to get through other ones aren't much worse than a dirt road with some sand and mud only when it rains. No camping as far as I know on these.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Jacob Camp

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Burlington Ontario
Member #

Hey Everyone,
Going to head out after work tonight to hit some unmaintained roads and most Likely end up at Mc Beth Campground (only free camp sit I know about) I just don't know if its open in the winter season.
Let me know if you want to tag along / show me some good spot.

Zeonprime

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Waterloo Ontario Canada
Member #

Any suggestions for The Bruce other than the Cabot Lighthouse. Collecting my Bedrack in a couple of weeks and preparing the truck for some weekend excursions and figured, I'd start with my backyard before heading towards Toronto (Blegh!) to get to the Eastern Ontario stuff and don't want to take the ferry over to Manitoulin to access Northern Ontario until later in the summer.