Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Mount Airy, NC, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
L
Member #

What gear to you carry that are for your base camp? Looking for inspiration on what others carry and the usefulness of why you carry it! Can be anything that's a must have for you!

bug-out-bag-illustration_s.jpg

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

The image below is an old flat-lay I did not long after first getting my trailer a couple years ago.

This thread and @Billiebob 's post in another thread have encouraged me to update this flat-lay with what I currently carry. Not only just in the trailer like the image below, but in various go bags, in the sideboxes of my van, in my bike bag, tech bag, etc. Good for insurance and general inventory purposes, too.

One thing I've been wanting to do before heading back out for the next long adventure is make lists of my stuff with both new and reasonable resale value. I can see it coming in handy in a number of ways.

xv-2-flatlay-old-2223.jpg

What I carry now has changed quite a bit. A lot of the above was brought along for testing and gear review purposes as well as for tweaking small group workshop/camp set ups.

~ Road

Granite Ridge Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Mount Airy, NC, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
L
Member #

The image below is an old flat-lay I did not long after first getting my trailer a couple years ago.

This thread and @Billiebob 's post in another thread have encouraged me to update this flat-lay with what I currently carry. Not only just in the trailer like the image below, but in various go bags, in the sideboxes of my van, in my bike bag, tech bag, etc. Good for insurance and general inventory purposes, too.

One thing I've been wanting to do before heading back out for the next long adventure is make lists of my stuff with both new and reasonable resale value. I can see it coming in handy in a number of ways.

View attachment 133835

What I carry now has changed quite a bit. A lot of the above was brought along for testing and gear review purposes as well as for tweaking small group workshop/camp set ups.

~ Road

Nice setup Road! Goals right there!

Reactions: Road

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
I usually have 1 plano sportsman case full of fluids, parts, tools, grease and rags and 1 Plano case full of camping gear (tarps, tent, sleeping bags, pillows, hammocks, hatchet, first aid, etc.) then I have a backpack with recovery gear, throw 2 chairs on top of the cases with a cooler and throw a grill in next to the cooler. nothing special. its usually kind of a mess... I don't ave any pictures. I always bring a hammock though because when I am out without my wife that is what I sleep in.
61763445_358555555017380_2671901770476683264_n.jpg