Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

We went to see friends of ours who live in Saarbrucken/Germany and we planned to make it a good round trip with on the friday some laning.
Here are two little vids and some pictures about that weekend.

We did a little tour through 4 countries, Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium and of course the Netherlands.

Our trailer and the Jeep performed again perfect.

Reactions: Ashton

Ashton

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Near the Rubicon
First Name
Hari
Last Name
See Above
That looks like tons of fun! I love the ancient and medieval history, what a story some of those old cobblestone alleys could tell!!

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Well actually we have a very good documented history here in Europe, which is one of the reasons we like to do culture, laning, camping and laning all together.
Luxemburg is a duke ruled country. Well with a democratic goverment. But still. It aint a kingdom.
Located at the Ardennen, it was heavily fought during world war 2.
As we drove through France, Luxemburg an Belgium we could see the monuments and the reminders of that dark decade.
Somewhere this summer we will do a Tour to and around Verdun once more and I guess we will find our way towards Normandie.

There are so may places were battles has been fought. And it is quit depressing that we didnt learned a thing about it.
Iam just a bit into historie and these days we know so much more about the backgrounds of those wars fought in Europe.
It aint as black and white as we thought for a long time.

Then again, driving with my friends from several european countries, makes us all have a better understanding about how things went. Visiting those eventfull cities, castles, battle grounds makes us aware about how the world turns.
And since Europe has lifted their borders, it is so much easier to go and travel. To find those beautiful places, to see those historical places.
Sometimes abandont in the middle of nature, sometimes in a city, sometimes forgotten and sometimes ignored.

Wabbit

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Somewhere out yonder
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Bru
Member #

I was merely down the road from Saarbrucken, I'm in Kaiserslautern if you ever head back out this way. What was your route? If you end up heading to Normandy, I can recommend some sites since I was recently there this past March.