Lifts?

• HTML tutorial

Dulrich94

Rank 0

Contributor I

Looking to upgrade the suspension of my 2012 pro4x. I have heavy duty rear leaf springs installed about a year ago I’m not sure if this would affect putting a lift on. Saying that I’m looking for 1.5-3” lift nothing crazy I only really take take it on the beach through the summer and some easy trails by me. Any suggestions on brands or options should be great!

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

This question really depends on budget. Xterra uses leaf in rear (as you are aware) coil upfront IFS. You can use a very cheap lift ~$150 adding longer shacks in the rear but this means spacers between the body and the spring perch up front. This puts strain on the control arms, sway bar.... a proper lift would correct for this but cost significantly more. If you are serious about off road ability I'd suggest using a lift that corrects for lifting the front end.

With that said I do have a friend that I helped install the cheap $150 on his xterra and was very happy with it runs 285/75-16

Reactions: Dulrich94

avgjoe624

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

going off of what 1derer said,, you can go that route. and then quite a few offroad companies sell "geometry correction" brackets for the xterras..

however with that being said,,, my opinion is that "you get what you pay for" and for a lift, id make sure you get the right one the first time so you don't end up replacing ball joints, tie rods, and cv axles as often.

as for brand, it all depends on your price and preference. all of them do pretty much the same job for your setup.

Reactions: Dulrich94