Contributor I

Centerville, Ohio, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Hi,
Starting out a build of a 2011 GX460, base model.
This will be my everyday drive mostly, with the wife driving it too some; so a modest lift to increase some capabilities, but I want to keep a good driving/ride on road too. I’m interested in any anyone’s experience with the different lifts and shocks that you have tried, compared to factory handling and ride.

Any suggestions for sliders?

I’m also interest where inside you might have mounted phone or iPad holders for navigation.

Thanks,
John

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Hi,
This will be my everyday drive mostly, with the wife driving it too some; so a modest lift to increase some capabilities, but I want to keep a good driving/ride on road too. I’m interested in any anyone’s experience with the different lifts and shocks that you have tried, compared to factory handling and ride.

I’m also interest where inside you might have mounted phone or iPad holders for navigation.

Thanks,
John
I would go with the OME nitrochargers. They'll keep a good ride but also take a ton of abuse. I have an iPad mini 4 mounted on a ram mount tab tight mount. It works great because it doesn't shake when driving. Very solid.

Reactions: RoughRider1944

RoughRider1944

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Centerville, Ohio, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Hi,

Thanks,
John
I would go with the OME nitrochargers. They'll keep a good ride but also take a ton of abuse. I have an iPad mini 4 mounted on a ram mount tab tight mount. It works great because it doesn't shake when driving. Very solid.
Thanks, how do you have your Ram mount attached?

Dubbz2337

Rank III

Enthusiast I

NorCal
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Whitaker
Member #

Kevin from LifeStyle Overland did a nice write-up on how he mounted the his tablet.

I just purchased the kit that he put together and will install it in my 4Runner once it arrives.

Regards,
Dubbz

Upliftphotography

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Salt Lake City, Utah
First Name
Nelson
Last Name
Vargas
Member #

Hi,

Thanks,
John
Im using a 2 inch lift with OLD MAN EMU. I also installed rock sliders from Metal Tech.

The following links may help you: