Leveling your Rig

• HTML tutorial

Seiryu

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

El Cajon, CA, USA
Member #

I went camping recently to try out my new roof top tent and the camp ground was on a little slope. What are some tips on how to level my Jeep if i cant find level ground to camp for the night? Thank you.

Reactions: OutOfStep

FlyingFischer5

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spokane, WA
Member #

I use rv blocks to help get level. May not be prefect but has worked well for me. Also be sure to use wheel chalks and e-brake so you don't go rolling off in the middle of the night.

I got the Camco FasTen 2x2 leveling blocks. They stack up nice and neat and the handle keeps them together so they aren't flying all over the place.

Reactions: Horse Soldier

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
If you have traction boards, they make it easier to level your vehicle. Others bring 2x4 lumbar, and stack them under the low spot. Whatever works, and depending on what you have for room, as leveling blocks can also be good, as the post above has mentioned.

Seiryu

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

El Cajon, CA, USA
Member #

If you have traction boards, they make it easier to level your vehicle. Others bring 2x4 lumbar, and stack them under the low spot. Whatever works, and depending on what you have for room, as leveling blocks can also be good, as the post above has mentioned.
Thank you for your in puts

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
There also Go Treads that use can multipurpose, get out of stuck sand or snow and leveling. I also saw a video on YouTube of guy cutting up Horse stall mat into 1 foot strips. He used those to stack and be level but they don't break like the Camco product. Brent

Reactions: Seiryu

Enthusiast II

Hartford, SD
I too have some of the RV blocks. I'd just use them but I don't have a RTT. And since I already have some for the camper I'd just bring them. Cheep and easy to use.

Dave K

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Tracy California, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
K
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6PXJ
I like to use my shovel when possible. Digging and dropping into a slight hole makes it easier to get level in my experience. Also easier to deal with the rtt on an already tall rig. When the ground is to hard I go the rock/ firewood route.

Seiryu

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

El Cajon, CA, USA
Member #

I like to use my shovel when possible. Digging and dropping into a slight hole makes it easier to get level in my experience. Also easier to deal with the rtt on an already tall rig. When the ground is to hard I go the rock/ firewood route.
I never though of using my shovel to make it level. Thank you for this.