Leave the trails better than you found them

• HTML tutorial

YJ Dreams

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

PNW
Member #

I spent the morning in Olympia's Capitol woods and it always brings me down seeing so much trash. I decided to pack some out with me.

View attachment 59702 View attachment 59703
I just don`t get this. Why is it so difficult to pack it back out? For cryin outload, in most cases the bottles and cans are or can be made smaller than when full. A simple trash bag is all that is needed to keep this from happening.

Thank you for your effort in making our trails better then the way you found it.

Sent from my SM-T580 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Mosesthemaker

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I spent the morning in Olympia's Capitol woods and it always brings me down seeing so much trash. I decided to pack some out with me.

View attachment 59702 View attachment 59703
So sad, but unfortunately true. Pack it in, pack it out is such an easy concept. I mean i grew up in the 60's, where that public service adds with the Indian Warrior gazing at the trash left in the outdoors. I always thought they were straight to the point, and i am one to at least make the effort to pick up some trash when i find it. I wish a lot more people would adopt that mentality.

That is a crazy amount of trash from a small area.

Reactions: fbledsoe

fbledsoe

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Pikeville, TN, USA
First Name
Frederick
Last Name
Bledsoe
Member #

So sad, but unfortunately true. Pack it in, pack it out is such an easy concept. I mean i grew up in the 60's, where that public service adds with the Indian Warrior gazing at the trash left in the outdoors. I always thought they were straight to the point, and i am one to at least make the effort to pick up some trash when i find it. I wish a lot more people would adopt that mentality.

That is a crazy amount of trash from a small area.
I remember that commercial with the Indian with a tear and another called Tennessee trash.

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

fbledsoe, I remember that commercial with that Indian and If I remember correctly the person playing that Indian wasn't even an Indian but an actor. Isn't that something, even our commercials are fake. At least everything on the internet is real. Lol.

• Wow
Reactions: Baipin

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
It breaks my heart to see how much trash ends up on the trails. We spent a few days @ Uwharrie National Forrest and we picked up 2 bags of IMG_9168.JPG just this pic! We picked up what was around where me made Camp and when we stopped on the trail for a bathroom break but it’s so sad. This is exactly why our trials are closing and why we need to stop and asses how we behave and take care of nature! PACK OUT WHAT YOU PACKED IN!

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
fbledsoe, I remember that commercial with that Indian and If I remember correctly the person playing that Indian wasn't even an Indian but an actor. Isn't that something, even our commercials are fake. At least everything on the internet is real. Lol.
Yeah, that was Iron Eyes Cody who was an Italian actor that did that commercial and there was also Woodsy Owl. Public service announcements like that are gone from tv because there is no money in it. Besides, I don't think the majority of people out there care anyway.

woodsyowltop.jpg

ic.jpg

Last edited: