Learn me on a rocket stove

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Slimpartywagon

Rank II

Advocate I

Oregon, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
My son wants to build a Rocket Stove out of square tubing for a high school project. I dont have any idea of what size tubing he is going to need or how long of a stick I need to order. We want to design this thing to be compact enough to stow in the back of my Bronco, but yet big enough to fit my griddle on it.

Im prety good at designing things when I understand the science and the ratios, but im not finding a lot on google or just not using the right terminology.

persquank

Rank V

Enthusiast I

MKE
Member #

I'm also trying to make a rocket stove but am not at all concerned about science or ratios. This pictures has some basics:
1570763657156.png
You should be able to start with the size of the griddle and work backwards. I'm using scrap metal from old computer cases.
Here is another picture with more specifics:
1570763814266.png

Slimpartywagon

Rank II

Advocate I

Oregon, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
I'm also trying to make a rocket stove but am not at all concerned about science or ratios. ......You should be able to start with the size of the griddle and work backwards. I'm using scrap metal from old computer cases.
Here is another picture with more specifics:
View attachment 121576
This is exactly what I was looking for. I found the first picture easy enough. I am worried about the ratios for two reasons... first, efficiency and second his grade. we will be using some kind of carbon steel square tubing and round tubing because he has to demonstrate his fundamental welds he has been learning over the past four years.

DISCLAIMER: My son has learning disabilities so im allowed to do the design process for him, he just has to understand why its designed the way I am drawing it up.

Reactions: 64Trvlr