Lead time (omg) Gobi stealth roof rack

• HTML tutorial

Contributor I

Cedartown
First Name
Cristen
Last Name
Bradshaw
New to the group. Just ordered a gobi roof rack for my 5th generation 4Runner TRD Pro. They said 12-16 week lead time. They offered to half that time for an additional $500. Is this normal?

persquank

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

I ordered a roof rack from ATP for my Renegade. It took a few months. My guess is it's not something they want sitting around so they make them to order. I also believe they wait to make several at a time. In my case, they told me their laser cutting was broken and it added additional time to the build process. All in all it was worth the wait.

Reactions: cris10bradshaw

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Yep, GOBI racks are made to order and take forever. They are awesome racks and are worth the wait, but takes a lot of patience. During the lead time, they will completely drop out of communication as well, which is pretty frustrating. Mine took about 4 months, i've heard of some people waiting well over 6 months

Mike harpe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

Speaking of lead time, after ordering my wheels and tires back in May, I should see them around the 10th this month.

JCS2179

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ft Myers
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Sirtori
So far, the Gobi Racks seem to be the ones to go for. Good fit, no drilling, and although expensive, they include the ladder and the wind deflector, plus "1 more accessory" of your chosing if u catch their "sale." Their quick release bracket is very cool too for when you wanna run topless. Thats on my list

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

New to the group. Just ordered a gobi roof rack for my 5th generation 4Runner TRD Pro. They said 12-16 week lead time. They offered to half that time for an additional $500. Is this normal?
Yep, welcome to the Gobi ownership experience. I went Prinsu mostly due to the crazy lead time for a Gobi.

wsm01

Rank 0

Contributor I

Texas, USA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Smith
Ordered my Gobi in late July, no word as of yet. Luckily my brother lent me his for my trip to Moab. There is a company in Austin, TX. they keep a few in stock, but they add 500.00 to the price, but you don't have to wait. 016673b13b76ca0d5a30767493223bad721b805c9f.jpg

Alex Brame

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Woodburn, Oregon, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Brame
Member #

Very sweet looking rig. Took me two evenings to assembly the Gobi stealth rack with no help, so not too tough.

1571066562202.jpeg

Exterior lights to go on next, but need to get seious about some knobby tires ;)

Grendel

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San diego
Member #

My wife got one for her 4runner PRO, she loves it. But yes it takes a long time to get it. I think she waited 4 plus months, but surprisingly she was able to reach the company a few times during the wait.