Late Fall/Winter runs in the NorthWest

• HTML tutorial

Marlowe Fenne

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

As snow begins to cover and close some of our favorites overland routes, I’m wondering where to go for the next several months.

Today I snuck in a late season run up Cooper Mountain, but the shady (north) side of the ridge was pretty dicey.

It was worth it - views above the clouds were awesome!

So where do you like to play in winter?

L1000012.JPG

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

Reid Adventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rogue River, OR, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7BHH
So glad I found this Thread. Grew up in the woods in Mississippi and have been in Oregon for the past 10 years but have not strayed too far off the beaten path. Looking to change that and this winter is as good of a time as any.

Marlowe Fenne

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Looks like a few folks got out this weekend snow-wheeling and posted it on our local NW Facebook page. Great to see this shared info, and definitely inspiring me to head out soon!

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Up near Concrete, WA there is a hot spring (Baker Hot Springs). I went up with my family on Thursday and there was quite a bit of snow. The different forest roads around there go rather high into the mountains. We ended up not getting into the spring, but we definitely will go back.

Best Regards,
Gabriel BozemanIMG_20190207_121952.jpegIMG_20190207_104820.jpeg

Reactions: Marlowe Fenne

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Usually as far as the snow will let me travel ( way more limited now with the subie ) . Roads that are a almost boring drive in the summer can become a challenge and open up views not seen most the year due to trees and bushes . There is just something special and extra beautiful when everything is covered in a blanket of snow and all the normal sounds of the world are muffled to near silence.
20181228_105150.jpg 20181224_095328.jpg hdr_00503_0.jpg

IMG_6340.PNG
Snow is also a great way to chill some wine to enjoy with your lady . Find ways to make outings about her and you'll have way better trips .hdr_00441_2.jpg

Marlowe Fenne

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Up near Concrete, WA there is a hot spring (Baker Hot Springs). I went up with my family on Thursday and there was quite a bit of snow. The different forest roads around there go rather high into the mountains. We ended up not getting into the spring, but we definitely will go back.

Best Regards,
Gabriel BozemanView attachment 85113View attachment 85114
WOW- This looks great - thanks for sharing. I'll check it out! Enjoy the driving this week during the snowpocalypse :)

Marlowe Fenne

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Usually as far as the snow will let me travel ( way more limited now with the subie ) . Roads that are a almost boring drive in the summer can become a challenge and open up views not seen most the year due to trees and bushes . There is just something special and extra beautiful when everything is covered in a blanket of snow and all the normal sounds of the world are muffled to near silence.
View attachment 85115 View attachment 85117 View attachment 85116

View attachment 85118
Snow is also a great way to chill some wine to enjoy with your lady . Find ways to make outings about her and you'll have way better trips .View attachment 85119
Good call - nice way to drink white wine in the winter. Thanks for sharing :)

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman