Las Vegas Trails

• HTML tutorial

PrinzChaz

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hey Guys,

Was wondering if I could get some suggestions / advice on some trails to run and camp on within a two hour radius in Las Vegas . ( Not in Death Valley preferably as we just did a nice run there last month ) We have 3 pretty stock trucks on 33' all terrains , so not really looking to do any difficult rock crawling . More scenic trails with a degree of difficultly thats hopefully rewarded with some choice views at a camping spot.

Thanks!

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hey Guys,

Was wondering if I could get some suggestions / advice on some trails to run and camp on within a two hour radius in Las Vegas . ( Not in Death Valley preferably as we just did a nice run there last month ) We have 3 pretty stock trucks on 33' all terrains , so not really looking to do any difficult rock crawling . More scenic trails with a degree of difficultly thats hopefully rewarded with some choice views at a camping spot.

Thanks!
If you haven’t been helped yet, you should reach out to the Nevada Member Representative,
@ HappyOurOverlanding

GrumpyRam

Rank V

Inventor I

Nevada
First Name
Dan
Last Name
DeV
Member #

Service Branch
USAF (ret)
Mormon wells road in the Desert wildlife refuge. It’s 25-30 min north of vegas on the 95. there is a nice camping area halfway with pit toilets and tables. The road is rocky and washboardy but nothing technical. You run up a valley then cross over and start a climb into the ridge line. This is where the camp is. Here’s a video link of our trip last Dec.

GrumpyRam

Rank V

Inventor I

Nevada
First Name
Dan
Last Name
DeV
Member #

Service Branch
USAF (ret)
We’re actually doing a Meet and Greet Saturday @ 10 am out there, then day tripping up Alamo rd( it’s on the west side of the Refuge and Mormon Wells goes up the east side) come out and say hi.

Last edited:

alfredregis

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Dublin, CA, USA
First Name
Alfred
Last Name
Regis
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Wheeler Pass just north of Mt Charleston, it's been years since I did it but was done in a bone stock 02 Xterra. Starts off the 95 somewhere near Cold Creek and ends up in Pahrump Valley.

Reactions: Desert Runner

TimChap

Rank 0

Contributor I

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Chapman
Service Branch
USAF
Mormon wells road in the Desert wildlife refuge. It’s 25-30 min north of vegas on the 95. there is a nice camping area halfway with pit toilets and tables. The road is rocky and washboardy but nothing technical. You run up a valley then cross over and start a climb into the ridge line. This is where the camp is. Here’s a video link of our trip last Dec.
Great video and thanks for sharing. This will be my first adventure when I get back home.