Land Rover Discovery lift and suspension modifications. Raptor 4x4, OME, Terrafirma,

• HTML tutorial

Mike Dubya

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Dubya
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTN
I am interested in improving the suspension on a Land Rover Discovery ! for overland use, specifically additional flex, travel, and longevity. I have been looking at Terrafirma, Old Man Emu, as well as others. I keep coming back to a kit sold by Raptor 4x4. Apparently Raptor 4x4 is made in Italy, but has distribution in the UK as well. I have 8 years as a mechanic and manager in the automotive industry, and on paper I like what I see in the kit. The problem being I haven't found anyone that has used it or reviewed the kit. The kit can be found at: Raptor 4x4 "Extreme Traction" Suspension Lift Kit +4" Land Rover Discovery 1 RRC
I'm sure that part of the problem is the name, of course when you search for it, you only get Ford F-150 Raptor information. Any additional information that can be provided on the subject is greatly appreciated!

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

EXPO_D1

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coyle
Member #

I am interested in improving the suspension on a Land Rover Discovery ! for overland use, specifically additional flex, travel, and longevity. I have been looking at Terrafirma, Old Man Emu, as well as others. I keep coming back to a kit sold by Raptor 4x4. Apparently Raptor 4x4 is made in Italy, but has distribution in the UK as well. I have 8 years as a mechanic and manager in the automotive industry, and on paper I like what I see in the kit. The problem being I haven't found anyone that has used it or reviewed the kit. The kit can be found at: Raptor 4x4 "Extreme Traction" Suspension Lift Kit +4" Land Rover Discovery 1 RRC
I'm sure that part of the problem is the name, of course when you search for it, you only get Ford F-150 Raptor information. Any additional information that can be provided on the subject is greatly appreciated!
I've hand ome, and many others. I really have been impressed with terrafirma and rovertyme aka Rte products.

Reactions: Mike Dubya

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
You need to check out lucky8, they have a 3" lift kit with everything you need. Should be able to maintain all other stock equipment including front drive shaft and panard rod.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
You might try Lucky8 for suspension parts. I don't need a lot of lift so I am installing the 2" lift blocks today for my new 265/75R/16 tires (33"). They also have a 3" spring lift kit that requires no drive shaft changes or sway bars. Just new longer shocks and brake lines. The price is right too.

Reactions: Mike Dubya