Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Cypher
Member #

it’s a really nice gem in this corner of of the country. There’s a few tougher forest roads if you wanna do some light wheeling and plenty of places to drop camp. I try to get out there as much as I can. Hit me up if you go back and I’ll come up from Nashville!

Reactions: SJ.Overland

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
it’s a really nice gem in this corner of of the country. There’s a few tougher forest roads if you wanna do some light wheeling and plenty of places to drop camp. I try to get out there as much as I can. Hit me up if you go back and I’ll come up from Nashville!
I’m definitely up for that. I probably won’t make it back down that way until next year since it’s a 5 hr trip for me. But I did not get to explore anywhere near what I wanted to. We also stayed on the Kentucky Lake side exclusively. I’d be interested to go with some folks that know the area!

boogiedynamite

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Paducah, KY
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Klepeis
Member #

Great pics man! Glad you had fun at LBL, I've backpacked manly places throughout the LBL area but now enjoying via my taco. I've got some friends who frequently organize smaller meetups. Hopefully we'll cross paths at some point!

Happy Travels!!

Pic from some camping spot recon this Saturday!

Attachments

Reactions: SJ.Overland

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Will keep you posted. Trying to get a winter group together.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
@boogiedynamite I’m currently trying to organize a small group maybe 4-6 rigs for a Winter run. Probably close to a month out. Any interest?
HELL YEAH! I got a couple crews I'll be running through this month but for sure let me know what you get planned!!

Happy New Year!
Awesome will do! Out of curiosity when are you going? Might be able to make a second trip. Happy new year as well!

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Noted. Coordinating with a couple dates myself, will confirm this week.
Okay so can now confirm our dates will have to be 22-24 of Jan if we come down on the early trip. Let me know if y’all end up on that weekend. Also quick question. What comms system do y’all run? We have GMRS but can grab some CB handhelds if needed.

Last edited: