US Northwest Labor Day Weekend, Overland trip, loop by Lake Chelan. August 30- September 1.

• HTML tutorial

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Hello friends,
How would you like to do a trip by Lake Chelan this Labor Day Weekend? Wanting 5 vehicles to join me on a fun and beautiful short adventure. Total miles for this trip would be about 95 miles. Dirt and gravel roads with some rocky sections just to keep things fun. Those that are afraid of heights May not feel comfortable! Full-size vehicles, vehicles with trailers, even 2wd. (LSD or Locker a plus)Pickups, with weight in the bed would be able to make the trip. Those wanting to pull a trailer would need 4wheel drive to make it through one 3-1/2 mile section. This would be a primitive Overlanding and camping trip experience. The campground will be the base, and there are trails for hiking and other roads close by to explore. This is not a camp one night and move to another spot for the next, Overlanding trip! The campground is: South Navarre Campground, in Okanogan National Forest, North of Lake Chelan. Wanting to meet at the Walmart parking lot in Chelan, WA. at 4:00PM. on Friday, the 30Th. of August. Send me a PM for more information. Vance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jedi

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Those that may not like heights May feel uncomfortable! Want to add, that there are some more technical trials all around the same area! This trip I wanted to be fun for those that want more, but also, someone new to see what this hobby of Overlanding is like. Helps to be in some beautiful country too! Vance.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Whats the precautions for a full size truck?
OnehandyMofo,
This trip will work fine for full-size pickups! The last 3-1/2 miles to the camp is steep, so would need 4wd. Other roads around might be tight with brush and pin stripes, but not this loop. Call me if you want more information. 509-470-5655. Vance.

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Vance,

We'd love to join you all for this trip, but my work has a do-or-die deadline for Sept 8'th so I have to work through the holiday weekend... (pretty much like the past several weeks... :-) I'f all works out, we could maybe join a group of you for an Oct trip...

Take care and have fun...

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Just want to remind all of the up and coming Overland trip this weekend! Sure would like to see you there! Also, please note the change of start time by an hour? Want to give time to make sure we get to camp and have setup time of camp before it gets dark! Vance.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Those that may not like heights May feel uncomfortable! Want to add, that there are some more technical trials all around the same area! This trip I wanted to be fun for those that want more, but also, someone new to see what this hobby of Overlanding is like. Helps to be in some beautiful country too! Vance.
Will your Jeep make it ? I don't think 4 cylinders will do it ! Good luck, wish I were there.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling