Labor Day!!! In need of a good trip for the holiday!

• HTML tutorial

bshearin

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Los Angeles, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Shearin
Member #

I am looking into some verrrry light overloading that will ultimately lead to ground camping and some hiking... I know it is late in the game, but I am hoping to find something in Kings canyon, Sequoia, or Mammoth...

My girlfriend and I are traveling with another couple that isn't set up for any type of off roading and I am looking to find available tent camps.

Anyone have any good leads on campgrounds in these areas? The state sites and the the national parks fill up quick, so I am kind of scrambling at this point.

All help is appreciated!

2019 Subaru Outback / 2" ADF lift kit / MR118 Motegi Rims / Pirellis Scorpion AT Plus 245/65R/17

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

I am looking into some verrrry light overloading that will ultimately lead to ground camping and some hiking... I know it is late in the game, but I am hoping to find something in Kings canyon, Sequoia, or Mammoth...

My girlfriend and I are traveling with another couple that isn't set up for any type of off roading and I am looking to find available tent camps.

Anyone have any good leads on campgrounds in these areas? The state sites and the the national parks fill up quick, so I am kind of scrambling at this point.

All help is appreciated!

2019 Subaru Outback / 2" ADF lift kit / MR118 Motegi Rims / Pirellis Scorpion AT Plus 245/65R/17
bshearin,
Here you go! Long way to come up for, but worth it! Vance.
Hello friends,
How would you like to do a trip by Lake Chelan this Labor Day Weekend? Wanting 5 vehicles to join me on a fun and beautiful short adventure. Total miles for this trip would be about 95 miles. Dirt and gravel roads with some rocky sections just to keep things fun. Full-size vehicles, vehicles with trailers, even 2wd. (LDS or Locker a plus)Pickups, with weight in the bed would be able to make the trip. Those wanting to pull a trailer would need 4wheel drive to make it through one 3-1/2 mile section. This would be a primitive Overlanding and camping trip experience. The campground will be the base, and there are trails for hiking and other roads close by to explore. This is not a camp one night and move to another spot for the next, Overlanding trip! The campground is: South Navarre Campground, in Okanogan National Forest, North of Lake Chelan. Wanting to meet at the Walmart parking lot in Chelan, WA. at 5:00 PM. on Friday, the 30Th. of August. Send me a PM for more information. Vance.

Last edited: