Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

This sounds like a great trip....I'm not going to be able to attend because of AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days but have fun all and post lots of pics!

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Brand new to the community and was wondering if this trip is still a go? Would love to participate. thanks

dano4322

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Columbus, OH, USA
First Name
Danny
Last Name
Oancea
Member #

Hoping to attend this as well. New to OB and Overlanding. Additional info around how the meetups work and what I'd need to do to confirm would be appreciated. Thanks.

James.Laidlaw

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maineville, OH, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Laidlaw
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7LTK
Hoping to attend this as well. New to OB and Overlanding. Additional info around how the meetups work and what I'd need to do to confirm would be appreciated. Thanks.
Dano,

there are lots of good FB groups that have meetups as well. Are you on the Overland Bound - Midwest FB group for example? I'd love to connect and we could share events, meet ups, and trail rides information. This summer is going to be touch and go for my unfortunately as my dad has just gone into hospice. I am planning on doing the "Trail Ride To Remember" event in Red River Gorge, KY in a few weeks. This will be a trail ride for all levels of experience and all types of vehicles from stock to heavily modified and use the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway.

Regards,

James

dano4322

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Columbus, OH, USA
First Name
Danny
Last Name
Oancea
Member #

Dano,

there are lots of good FB groups that have meetups as well. Are you on the Overland Bound - Midwest FB group for example? I'd love to connect and we could share events, meet ups, and trail rides information. This summer is going to be touch and go for my unfortunately as my dad has just gone into hospice. I am planning on doing the "Trail Ride To Remember" event in Red River Gorge, KY in a few weeks. This will be a trail ride for all levels of experience and all types of vehicles from stock to heavily modified and use the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway.

Regards,

James
Thanks for letting me know about the FB group, that was news to me. I've submitted a request to be added to the group. I'll definitely look at your event as well. That's an area we're targeting already as part of a partial KAT trip we'd like to do, so I'm very interested in that one. Is that listed on the OB forums, or somewhere else?
EDIT: spelling

James.Laidlaw

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maineville, OH, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Laidlaw
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7LTK
Thanks for letting me know about the FB group, that was news to me. I've submitted a request to be added to the group. I'll definitely look at your event as well. That's an area we're targeting already as part of a partial KAT trip we'd like to do, so I'm very interested in that one. Is that listed on the OB forums, or somewhere else?
EDIT: spelling
Great! Both Kent and Corrie are admins so I am sure you'll get added in no time. As for the event, I'm not sure it's listed. I will be adding some KYTLCA events if some others don't. So many things have been cancelled this spring / summer it's hard to tell. It sounds like the event that I mentioned as well as another are a go - so I'll probably add them barring the aforementioned family issues mentioned above - that's most likely where you'll find me throughout the summer. Callie's Campground in Stanton, KY is the location. The Bowen family that runs this campground is VERY overland / off-road friendly and you'll find a lot of meets base out of that location.

James

Last edited:
Reactions: Commish1999

DadJokes

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

KY
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Kil
Service Branch
US Air Force
Dano,

Regards,

James
I wasn’t aware of that group either. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Well shoot, members only. lol

Reactions: Commish1999

Browner_JLUR

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Batavia, Ohio
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Also new to OB... would love to attend this trip. What do I need to do to confirm? I want to make sure I am doing this all right! (C'mon Newb!)

Greg

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Also new to OB... would love to attend this trip. What do I need to do to confirm? I want to make sure I am doing this all right! (C'mon Newb!)

Greg
I'm new as well, but I clicked the attending tab, then selected going. I'm pretty sure that's it.

If this is wrong, I'm going to be sitting in a field, all alone, feeling a bit odd...

James.Laidlaw

Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maineville, OH, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Laidlaw
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7LTK
It looks like this event is full and capped at 20 vehicles. I had not previously signed up because I am currently dealing with a hospice situation with a parent. There are quite a few events in the area I want to attend. I'll be supporting a lot of the KYTLCA events locally (unrelated to this event) directly whether I am able to participate or not.

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I'm going down a day early in order to visit a couple of other distilleries.

That said, most of them are still closed including Woodford, Four Roses and Maker Mark.

Just wondering how this might affect this trip?

FYI - I was able to book Lux Row and Heavenly on Thursday...

06--4Runner

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Lancaster, Ohio
First Name
Jeremiah
Last Name
Springer
Member #

I want to come, but I don't want to say I am and then not be ale to and keep someone who can from attending. Also, what is the cost to attend this event ?? And I am assuming I will need a text or sleep in the vehicle, correct ?? Thanks