KG6ZJL's Build Thread: 2016 4Runner Trail

• HTML tutorial

kg6zjl

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Concord, CA
Finally found a couple feet of 8ga wire to finish up my aux power distribution, which means LIGHT! It's really difficult to find wire by the foot around here. Need to order a dash switch, just need to decide which one I want.

Reactions: GSDforLife

kg6zjl

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Concord, CA
Added some water storage for dry camping. We just did a 4 day trip and were boiling creek water by the last day. Ordered a 7 gallon container to compliment the two upright cans. A spigot would have been nice on the last trip. We'll refill the blue from the tall gray ones, as working out of the blue with spigot should be easier.

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
What cases are these on top? Right now I use the big long Plano cases but i'd love a set of smaller ones like these as well

kg6zjl

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Concord, CA
What cases are these on top? Right now I use the big long Plano cases but i'd love a set of smaller ones like these as well
They are Cabela's plastic ammo cans. I have them divided up as such: recovery, tools/air pump, and first aid. They have a rubber gasket, but I have not run them on the roof in the rain to find out if they are actually water-resistant.

Someone on Instagram just told me that Costco is selling 2-packs of metal ammo cans. Might be worth checking out too.

Reactions: brien

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Thanks! Storing compressor and tools is exactly what I'm looking to do, perfect! Coincidentally, the wife wanted me to go on a Costco run tomorrow so i'll look around for some metal ones while i'm there

Reactions: kg6zjl