Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

facebookers..i had to get off that train wreck..keep me posted on here or instagram..the fb board is officially left to you gentleman

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
I knew that was going to be crazy when everyone was getting approved to be in it. But, don't worry. I'll make sure to let you know when I'm heading out. I'm probably coming down this summer to hit Red River again with Nathan. Plus, Colorado in July and Caving over memorial day weekend.

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

facebookers..i had to get off that train wreck..keep me posted on here or instagram..the fb board is officially left to you gentleman

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Why don't we purge the system and just get back to us again and not add anyone else. Should be an easy fix!

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

BTW, sorting members might be more of a challenge than you expect. Not all forum members are badge-carrying Members with a number, and not all badge-carrying Members are on the forum. And of course, a majority of Facebook users use their own name, where on the forum they have some nom de plume, and cross-referencing that isn't easy.

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

BTW, sorting members might be more of a challenge than you expect. Not all forum members are badge-carrying Members with a number, and not all badge-carrying Members are on the forum. And of course, a majority of Facebook users use their own name, where on the forum they have some nom de plume, and cross-referencing that isn't easy.
I don't think we were going to go that deep. We know you are on there and we were going to keep everyone that was on the cruise. Everyone else would be removed.

CJ LeFevre

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Member #

I think I'm wanna of the news ones, I haven't had a chance to go on an outing, but I understand the need to purge, I haven't had fb till I wanted to get into Overlanding and thought it was a good way to meet people. Otherwise I tried to stay off of it. I was planning on going to the mwo backroads outing in April. Maybe I can meet everyone then and become permanent member.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using OB Talk mobile app

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

What I've noticed is this.
There are quite a few individuals on there that to be honest I've meet on other forums where they have been a pain in the ass. Either being very out spoken about stuff they know nothing about, giving really bad/dangerous advice, giving out trail locations to people they don't know, soliciting for trail locations without ever going on a trip with anyone from the group.
Probably a few of that group that followed us up the hill from the creek... I know I'm an admin, however, I would feel better if ElDusto would chime in on this... I'll pm him on facebook and see what he says about it.

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

There are quite a few individuals on there that to be honest I've meet on other forums where they have been a pain in the ass. Either being very out spoken about stuff they know nothing about, giving really bad/dangerous advice, giving out trail locations to people they don't know, soliciting for trail locations without ever going on a trip with anyone from the group.
Probably a few of that group that followed us up the hill from the creek... I know I'm an admin, however, I would feel better if ElDusto would chime in on this... I'll pm him on facebook and see what he says about it.
I had a run in with the group that was behind us on that hill at a Jeep show. My gosh are they a bunch of cocky aholes. I over heard from some new members of theirs that they had a cruise the next day. I was just waiting to see all the damaged Jeeps the next day.

XMtnman02193

Rank III

Advocate I

I believe Eldusto got rid of his Facebook, but I can't recall 100%. I know he is on instagram still though.

Reactions: ElDusto

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

How about we do this. PM me or post yourself on here... And I'll leave you in the group.
As a rule going forward. You need to ask from inside here to be a part of the group.
How do all of you feel about that?

XMtnman02193

Rank III

Advocate I

I'd like to stay, even though I'm currently not sure with the situation of my rig. I'll probably be down for a while though.

Charbroiled Xterra anyone?

w_m_photo

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Gahanna, OH
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Middleton
Member #

I'd like to stay, even though I'm currently not sure with the situation of my rig. I'll probably be down for a while though.

Charbroiled Xterra anyone?
Well, as you have probably realized by now, I'm not really able to get out much during the winter... Too much work...

XMtnman02193

Rank III

Advocate I

Well, as you have probably realized by now, I'm not really able to get out much during the winter... Too much work...
Hey, gotta fuel the habit somehow! I'm just hoping I can get my motor replaced and some runs in the summer. I've been itching for a ride for weeks now

Reactions: ElDusto