Independence, Kenton County, Kentucky, United States
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Mullins
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps
I am gearing up for a three day trip on the KAT (Kentucky Adventure Trail) I am trying to decide which section to start on. Thinking Main 1 or Main 2. Who has been on the KAT and what would you recommend. Second question while in Daniel Boone national forest, do I need a permit to camp along the KAT?

Thanks

Reactions: DanW

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

I am gearing up for a three day trip on the KAT (Kentucky Adventure Trail) I am trying to decide which section to start on. Thinking Main 1 or Main 2. Who has been on the KAT and what would you recommend. Second question while in Daniel Boone national forest, do I need a permit to camp along the KAT?

Thanks
In! We're looking for a place to explore, including challenging trails, the week of March 28. KAT is on the short list, so I'm interested in what advice you get in this thread.

Reactions: Rubyroundhouse

Armor_LG

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Cincinnati, Ohio
First Name
Luke
Last Name
Glischinski
Member #

I did the northeast part of main 4 and the eastern part of main 3 near Black Mountain and Pine Ridge back in early December. Views up top of the Black Mountain area on Main 3 were amazing, and the trail up going clockwise on the Gaia KAT trail was fun too. 37.00601, -82.79400 coordinates to a place I wanted to camp, but we reached it too early in the day and the group wanted to keep moving. Basically on top of a mountain, 3400-3500ft elevation

20201205_164500.jpg

Reactions: Patrickellis751