Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Today I went to a little 4x4 fair organised at Ad Oostendorp but in Cuijck.
We talked with some interesting people who are themselves Overlanders and do have now their travel company, but with a very good main principle.
They went from the Netherlands to South Africa and then to south America and back to Aftrica.
A great trip of 2,5 years and now they love to show people around in Africa.
Then the organiser of this event, Flex adventures 4x4
which does mainly Wales and Iceland told us the things we like to hear, as they are member of Glass, small group travel, tread lightly and very responceble towards nature.
And of course Oostendorp 4x4 and Ironman 4x4 netherlands they also did a great job.
It was good, good organised, all fine and we loved it.
We have seen people who are engaged with Overlanding and trying to take people with them on superb tours.
There was also a lady who did travels in Jordan and ethiopia and that was also very interesting.

All thes people can be of help if you like to go out and need a bit of security before you dive into the great world all by your own.
I hope I can welcome these people as future OB members as well.

Reactions: Polaris Overland

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Today again we went out to conduct some presentations regarding 4x4 Overlanding.
Harrie Schouten of Harrie Schouten Reizen organised a day full presentations about some items related to Overland Travel.

First we had a good presentation about making photo's, but mostly with your smartphone.
Just those tips and tricks that will help you to make a nice picture even better.
Simple but a good presentation and with some good tips that will help us when making pictures.

After that we had a presentation about the preparation of your vehicle before going on tour.
Oil, coolant, maintanance and the do and donts in many ways.

There was also a teacher art historie who told us a bit of the background of places that Harrie does visit during his trips.
And then you hopefully wont just see some old stone stuff, but stuff with a much richer background in historie.
I liked that much, as I love history.

The next presentation was about how to build up your rig. Especially when you are new, of building up a new rig it is good to start from scratch and take care of the things you need and the things you didnt need in the past.
And off course the way you build a Rig.

Daktent.nl told us the pro's and con's of RTT plus what is wise and not by buying a RTT.
And told us that there are actually just two types of RTT. Every different brand has its foundations in these two forms.

Last but not least old Harrie us some points about GPS and the use of it as we do.

Some pictures of the day
IMG_20200301_115953.jpg
IMG_20200301_141729.jpg
IMG_20200301_144331.jpg
IMG_20200301_144537.jpg

Reactions: Polaris Overland

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Look forward to seeing you using some of the photo tips and showing all how its done properly Robert
Dave I have to dissapoint you in this.
Did at school a photograph course. Bought then, 1976 or such an Asahi Pentax KX. Very good camera back then.
Had stuff to make pictures from the click to to the picture itself.
BUT!!!!!!
Even if I knew all about it back then, I dont have the Eye for it. I just cant make more as just some holiday snapshots.
So, sorry for that.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Dave I have to dissapoint you in this.
Did at school a photograph course. Bought then, 1976 or such an Asahi Pentax KX. Very good camera back then.
Had stuff to make pictures from the click to to the picture itself.
BUT!!!!!!
Even if I knew all about it back then, I dont have the Eye for it. I just cant make more as just some holiday snapshots.
So, sorry for that.
I'm the same, I tend to point and shoot, Angela is much better at composing the photo and all our good photos she generally took ;-)