Rank II

Enthusiast I

Brentwood, CA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Coats
Member #

Hey OB! Just moved out here from NorCal! It’s beautiful here! Anyone got any tips on finding scenic spots? Or know if any fun trails within a few hours?

Reactions: steal63

Jeff B

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Putnam County, New York, USA
Member #

First welcome to the Hudson Valley. It is beautiful here. There aren't really any trails in the area as most lands are private. The NE BDR does run through the area and has many scenic points to it. Just driving through the Catskills and Adirondacks will give you scenery. To the south is the Trans New Jersey trail and west there are some places in PA. There are posts on the forum for both of those areas. Any questions feel free to ask.

Reactions: steal63

Quicksand fJC

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Florida, NY, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Sanz
Member #

Welcome to Hudson Valley, where about are you located? I am in Warwick area. I agree as mentioned not many trails in the area. I’m looking to do the trans no trail this fall possibly.

Quicksand fJC

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Florida, NY, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Sanz
Member #

Hello have either of you done local trails to our area? Truck has been giving me request for attention lol. Had replace battery and shocks all way around but should be good now. Fingers crossed.

atc250r

Rank I

Contributor I

Orange County, NY
First Name
John
Last Name
Ried
Hello have either of you done local trails to our area? Truck has been giving me request for attention lol. Had replace battery and shocks all way around but should be good now. Fingers crossed.
I don't think there's any legal trails anywhere around here. We used to go up in the woods along the NY/NJ Border here but it was absolutely not legal and they were small, rocky trails. I didn't mind taking my $6000 Wrangler on 35's back there and giving it some pinstripes but there's no way I'm taking a brand new $40k truck back there. Have you read up on the Trans New Jersey Trail? Seems like the northern leg is mostly paved roads and a few gravel ones but as you get down past Jackson, NJ it turns into a lot of sand roads and some decent mud holes. I'm hoping to try it out in the Spring.

Reactions: Quicksand fJC

Quicksand fJC

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Florida, NY, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Sanz
Member #

I don't think there's any legal trails anywhere around here. We used to go up in the woods along the NY/NJ Border here but it was absolutely not legal and they were small, rocky trails. I didn't mind taking my $6000 Wrangler on 35's back there and giving it some pinstripes but there's no way I'm taking a brand new $40k truck back there. Have you read up on the Trans New Jersey Trail? Seems like the northern leg is mostly paved roads and a few gravel ones but as you get down past Jackson, NJ it turns into a lot of sand roads and some decent mud holes. I'm hoping to try it out in the Spring.
Yeah I have the maps saved somewhere. I would def be interested in doing that trail next spring. Keep me in the loop. So what is you new truck? What plans do you have for it?

atc250r

Rank I

Contributor I

Orange County, NY
First Name
John
Last Name
Ried
I had that Wrangler back in the late 90's and it's been long, long gone. I bought a new Tacoma double cab long bed in September. No big plans for it, probably a 2 inch lift some aftermarket wheels and bigger, more aggressive tires. Maybe a "bed tent" if I find I actually start doing some overnight trips. What about you?