Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

I call it "awd" as it has a button with "4WD LOCK" to the left of the steeringwheel, but no lowrange.

It is a 2005 Hyundai Tucson with a 2.0 CRDI ( Common Rail Direct Injection ) engine that made 112 hp and 180 lb/ft when new in a 3542 lbs car.

I will not say what I paid, but I did get a good deal and I am the 3rd owner from new, it's done something like 80.000 miles and looks like it's been well maintained.

I wanted something big, but coming from a lowered convertible, this will do for a few years until I've saved up for what I really want.

I have a few small changes planned for it, but I will keep it comfy and reliable as my first priority.

This is it.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Thanks @Scott and @[DO]Ron, I'm actually thinking about swapping the square lights for some brighter ones or a small lightbar and I really want some better tires like General Grabber or BF Goodrich KO2's sometime in the future.

The stock headunit and speakers need replacing, they are useless!

Last edited:
Reactions: Luis Merlo

Lassen

Rank V

Member III

Hey, nothing wrong with that. I remember my first AWD vehicle. A 1984 Chevy S10 Blazer with the 2.8 liter V6. It only made 120 hp - I think likely only on good days! It was way underpowered and the 4WD system either was useless or didn't work as it just seemed to never go. Whatever the case, I still got to a lot of places in the mountains in it!

Have fun, and hit the road!

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

I'm already planning my first roadtrip in it, nothing crazy, just some snowcovered roads to visit friends and family 8-9 hours away.

I also have a few upgrades planned for it.

Neil Q Smith

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I call it "awd" as it has a button with "4WD LOCK" to the left of the steeringwheel, but no lowrange.

It is a 2005 Hyundai Tucson with a 2.0 CRDI ( Common Rail Direct Injection ) engine that made 112 hp and 180 lb/ft when new in a 3542 lbs car.

I will not say what I paid, but I did get a good deal and I am the 3rd owner from new, it's done something like 80.000 miles and looks like it's been well maintained.

I wanted something big, but coming from a lowered convertible, this will do for a few years until I've saved up for what I really want.

I have a few small changes planned for it, but I will keep it comfy and reliable as my first priority.

This is it.

Thanks for looking.
Look good :)
We need to take a road trip together out of Sandnes sometime....

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Status update on my car, I LOVE IT!!!! :D :D :D

It is so comfortable, it has been super reliable (have only had to replace the rear brakelines and 3 lightbulbs in 9 months of owning it).

I have gone on 6 roadtrips with it so far this year (mostly pavement) and I can't wait to go on roadtrips next year, as for my initial plan of saving up and buying something more capable, I don't actually think I need to as I see myself keeping this vehicle for many more years (will be keeping it as long as I can afford to keep it).

I have replaced all interior lightbulbs with l.e.d. ones and what a big improvement that was.

I have replaced the "bullbar lights" with budget l.e.d. bulbs, the headlight and foglight bulbs with some better ones and as of right now (30.10.2017) I don't need a lightbar yet.

It is still running on cheap crappy tires as KO2's cost alot of money here in Norway ( € 703.46 euros / $ 817.42 for a set of 215/65R16's delivered to my home).

In 9 months I haven't driven that much, probably right around 16000 miles, which I plan on changing in 2018, I have a few trips through Norway I'm working on.

My main goal in 2018 is to use my car and visit the dutch OB members, maybe drop by Frankfurt, attend the Danish Air Show and generally have as much fun as possible.

Thanks.
Joey

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

In 5 month's I own the Land Cruiser now I've driven about 5500 KM, for me that is a lot!.. so 16k miles is like more then I would normally do in a year :P

Glad you still like the rig =)

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Update on my rig.

I LOVE IT!!! :D

It it so much more capable than I thought it would be (all-terrain tires do help), now I need to find out how to turn it into some kind of overlanding rig while maintaining daily drivability.

Crimson_Saint

Rank 0

Contributor I

Leroy,Alabama
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Raley
Any updates on your Tucson , I an newbie here. I am considering a 2018 AWD Tuscon. Trying to do a little research on them and not finding much.

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

No, I sold it October 31st after having spent more than $5000 in 6 months maintaining it, I'm done with 4wd cars!

• Haha
Reactions: Billiebob