scott17818

Rank IV

Influencer II

Midcoast Maine
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Charlton
I am pre-running and mapping out a course for an Northeast Adventure Company (non-affiliated run) with another member Joey he has the map route planned out, and we wanted to pre-run it to be sure the roads were passable, ample camping sites (and alternates) for 10-15 trucks..we're headed up to Greenville meeting up with him a the indian hill trading post/irving gas station (last fuel up) head into the B-52 crash site stop there for an hour or so, then head into NMW (probably Telos Checkpoint) , stop at the Ghost Trains by Eagle lake, then we're headed north find a campsite, camp for the night, wake up, and run north towards allegash wilderness area, and further north. Spare Fuel is a MUST as we are covering close to 300 miles of logging roads (I carry 10 gallons typically, but for this I may carry 15-18 gallons depending on wha I can fit into a jerry can safely (typically just under 6 gallons)) ... there is fuel stations in St Francis/fort Kent (minimum 240miles from one fuel up to the nearest gas station) then possibly headed back into NMW, and back down another route. I have never been further north than Eagle lake/Round pond, so will be a learning experience for me.

requirements:
full size spare/patch/plug kit, compressor
cash/check for entry to NMW maine residents its cheaper I am a resident and last time I was up for 3 days it was like $80... so plan on $100-150 unless you buy the annual road/camping pass (its $250 for maine resident)).
your own food
CB/FRS radio are good to have
camera (there are some spectacular views up here, and moose, and bear spottings (I saw 4 female moose right on the roadway, and 2 black bears last trip)
10 gallons spare gas MINIMUM!
sleeping arrangements
Maine Gazeteer (recommended)/offline google maps/Gaia..

if anyone is interested in joining us, let me know via PM. no fees, just doing a run up north.. you can stay with us, or go your own adventure if you wish.

Reactions: wigsajumper

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Sounds like a great trip. Planning on heading up to the trains later this summer/fall with the family. Mind posting a small post trip report about the conditions of the roads/camp sites?

scott17818

Rank IV

Influencer II

Midcoast Maine
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Charlton
Sounds like a great trip. Planning on heading up to the trains later this summer/fall with the family. Mind posting a small post trip report about the conditions of the roads/camp sites?
Np, working on getting a decent dash cam, or steal my daughters gopro... roads weren't too bad 5 weeks ago... couple of washouts, and they had stacks of new culverts ready to put in.

Reactions: wigsajumper