Joshua tree trail suggestions

• HTML tutorial

roamingram44

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bowling green ky
Member #

Hey everyone im going to Joshua tree for the first time on the 18th-19th. With this i was wondering if there are any easier trails preferably that my friend can do. He has a ram 1500 that's sick height and 2wd but has a lsd and all terrains. If all else falls he can just leave his truck and ride with me but i know he would like it alot more getting out there in his truck.

Sent from my SM-G360P using OB Talk mobile app

Jeff D

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Mining district is the east side of the park. The only real part to go off road is to the mines. The west side is set up for visitors. Not much on that side for driving off road. But really nice hikes like the Lost Horse Mine. Black Eagle Mine Rd takes you to the Jade mine. The trail to hike in is at the rusty old gate on the right. If you keep going out that road you will need 4x4. And ends at a no trespassing sign. Go out Old Dale Rd to Brooklyn Jeep trail. They'll be a sign on the right. You won't need 4x4 till way back in there. But that's where the old miners house is and ppl have stored gear there over the years for ppl to use. Everything from tables to bbq to chairs etc etc. Navigating out there is easy as long as you can tell east from west and north from south. So exploring the trails is easy. If you can do that you won't get lost and get back to the main trails. And one last thing. You can exit the park out Old Dale Road to the 62. If you choose to do that, one may need 4x4. It was pretty bad a few weeks ago. Have fun!!!