Launch Member

Enthusiast II

SF Bay Area, CA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Alsterlind
Member #

I'm planning a trip to Joshua over spring break with 9&11 YO boys in my 4WD Tundra. I know there is a lot of BLM land surrounding the park but the first come first serve campsites are the most appealing. Being spring break I doubt I'll snag a campground so I'm feeling apprehensive about making the journey over the busy spring break dates. Any advice?

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

The first come first serve do fill up pretty fast. If you can make a reservation now for the reservation campsites I would do it. Cottonwood campground is far from the main sites but may have openings.

Jeff Alsterlind

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

SF Bay Area, CA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Alsterlind
Member #

The first come first serve do fill up pretty fast. If you can make a reservation now for the reservation campsites I would do it. Cottonwood campground is far from the main sites but may have openings.
Thanks Jason. Cottonwood is booked solid. Sounds like I should plan on BLM and be flexible.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I would try to get in at Ryan if you can, most likely full. Take a day and take a rock climbing class there are a few schools in the park and the kids will dig it.

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

Try Jumbo Rocks Campground. It's an easy hike from there to Skull Rock. Ryan is nice too. Avoid Hidden Valley. Too many hipsters. Cotton wood is way out there. You just need to get there early for FF sites.

Reactions: Jeff Alsterlind