Joining in from Colorado

• HTML tutorial
S

SubeeBen

Welcome from San Diego Ca. & welcome to OLB. great site & awesome people here. Welcome & hope you enjoy.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Newby in Northern Colorado, hoping to get out and have some fun sooner rather than later. Also really enthused that all the years of getting out in whatever vehicle can be called something more impressive than car camping.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@gmoney700
Newby in Northern Colorado, hoping to get out and have some fun sooner rather than later. Also really enthused that all the years of getting out in whatever vehicle can be called something more impressive than car camping.
Welcome from another CO member. what's your favorite camp spot in NOCO? Mine's probably Big Creek Lakes NW of Walden. (well it was until they "improved" the site a few years ago)

Boort

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Are you talking about the improved views due to the lack of trees (aka forest fire)?

I grew up in Walden. Two things I remember about the lakes, the mosquitos, and getting giardia from the lake.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@old_man
Are you talking about the improved views due to the lack of trees (aka forest fire)?
I grew up in Walden. Two things I remember about the lakes, the mosquitos, and getting giardia from the lake.
Don't recall a recent fire, Might have been one since I last visited. the Improvements were that they clear cut the forest around both camp sites and a lot of the area along the trail to the waterfalls. A sign last time I was there said there was a problem with a dangerous parasitic mistletoe. Forest Service did the same thing, different reason, in the CG on the West side of RMNP and a couple of others along Hwy 14. Switched to camping on the Steamboat side of the mounts and up in the Snowy Mtns of Wy lately to enjoy a lot of the beauty that once drew me up to BCL.

So far I've been lucky with the mosquitoes up there might be the times I've been up or just plain luck. As for Giardia from the lake, Haven't drank from it or gone swimming in it that I remember so safe there.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

gmoney700

Rank 0

Traveler I

We had great times in the mummy range- Crown Point and surroundings. Gotta love the NOCO range- Really enjoyed a road trip in my 93 nissan hard body (the little 4 cylinder guy) that took myself and a buddy on what would not be considered overland, back then it was crazy kids hitting the open road. Took three weeks to go up to montana over to Wa. and ended in Redwoods for Summer camp counseling- good times- most incredible woods on our west coast. Mountains are home though.

Reactions: Boort