Joining from Tacomaworld

• HTML tutorial
Hey guys! I'm very active on TW, but thought I'd hop over here to broaden my knowledge base. I'm currently building up my 05 Tacoma to be pretty self capable. Wouldn't consider it overlanding per say, but whatever you want to call it, it's a heck of a lot of fun! Here's the most current picture I have. I just picked up the cap this week, so my next step is to build a sleeping platform in the back and take it out camping in a week or two to test it out! Look forward to hanging out here.

upload_2017-7-28_7-23-47.jpeg

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

There are OB face book groups for different regions. Seems like some do lots of meet ups and trails others just drink beer and type.

There are OB face book groups for different regions. Seems like some do lots of meet ups and trails others just drink beer and type.
Hopefully my region falls into the former of the two choices. If I'm gonna be sitting around drinking beer, I'd rather do it around a campfire! Luckily my area is pretty active with meet-ups on TW, so hopefully that's the case here as well.

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

Also if you look up Backwoods Overland on Facebook, nick the guy th owns and operates it does a ton of stuff. He is also a cool dude and a retailer for lots of great products.

Reactions: EatSleepTacos
I have same thoughts. Already went on few local wheeling trips with few ob members. Cool peeps.

You sold your 15 for another vehicle if I remember correctly ?
Yeah I had the 15 as my only vehicle, but then needed something more commuter friendly. Sold that for a Subaru Legacy, and then 8 months later picked up an 05 and kept the Subaru as a DD. It's really nice having a second car to make runs to the parts store and stuff.

Reactions: Slow_racer_218

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@EatSleepTacos

Welcome from a Colorado Newbie. I'd like to know a bit more about how you went about building out your truck. Do you have a build thread either on here or on TW? I like the stance you's has, how does it handle?

Probably an odd question but is the rear seat comfortable for more than just a child? I'm considering a newer Tacoma and they no longer make a 4x4 w/o the extended cab. I like the short 104" wheelbase vs the new 127" but that beats the double cab's 141".

Not sure what you are looking for deckwise but I have a simple (built in an afternoon) solution that has worked for nearly 20 years. let me know if you'd like pics.

Boort

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hopefully my region falls into the former of the two choices. If I'm gonna be sitting around drinking beer, I'd rather do it around a campfire! Luckily my area is pretty active with meet-ups on TW, so hopefully that's the case here as well.
Welcome!

You've got a great Overland Bound community around you! Here's the map of members!

2017-09-26_1532.png