Palm Springs, CA, USA
First Name
Floyd
Last Name
Solders
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6YZN
Not sure if this is the best place to post this. If not, let me know.
Last fall we ordered a Gobi rack for our Jeep but plans changed and now we're temporarily living in an apartment in Palm Springs until our old house sells and we get settled here. Meanwhile, they are holding the rack because we don't have a shop or garage to work on the Jeep. Does anyone know of a shop in the Palm Springs area that can install the rack for us and likely other work?
Thanks, Floyd

Dorian

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Dorian
Last Name
Bilak
Member #

Not sure if they will do the work or not but Crawlur Offroad in Indio has good reviews. I've spoken to them a few times about getting some work done on my 2019 JLUR. They do custom work and installs so I'm guessing you will have some luck.

By the way, I ordered a Gobi stealth rack for my jeep in September/October and am still waiting for an ETA. Do you remember about when you placed your order. I'm curious of how much longer I have to wait.

Good luck,

Dorian

Reactions: FloydIAm

FloydIAm

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Palm Springs, CA, USA
First Name
Floyd
Last Name
Solders
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6YZN
We placed our order Nov 6. Thanks for the contact info. I did reach out to them and they are backlogged 3 or more weeks. Thinking of having the rack shipped to them when ready.

FloydIAm

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Palm Springs, CA, USA
First Name
Floyd
Last Name
Solders
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6YZN
Not sure if this is the best place to post this. If not, let me know.
Last fall we ordered a Gobi rack for our Jeep but plans changed and now we're temporarily living in an apartment in Palm Springs until our old house sells and we get settled here. Meanwhile, they are holding the rack because we don't have a shop or garage to work on the Jeep. Does anyone know of a shop in the Palm Springs area that can install the rack for us and likely other work?
Thanks, Floyd
Way too many delays in getting a shop set up and 123° heat gots me running for the hills... Road trip! Currently sitting in the lobby at Gobi while they install the new rack for free! Off to Ft Collins this afternoon then ??? We'll see.
Floyd

Reactions: ptgarcia