Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mantorville, MN, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Nash
Member #

5B9ECFCC-13B9-4241-8618-ED4E216C8E93.jpeg 4F5767AC-507E-4B0E-AFCC-E6C86CD9EE46.jpeg Soo with the cold temps up in mn I couldn’t work and well needless to say I got bored and ended up building my own style of tailgate table for a stove or whatever else you’d like to throw on it, it is only a rough version of it but it works well and doesn’t rattle going over bumps or anything

Tim nash

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mantorville, MN, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Nash
Member #

I used two heavier duty hinges and I’m sure there’s better ones but I didn’t shop around to much had them laying around from a past enclosure I was making, but the two screws at the bottom of the hinge need to be trimmed down or replaced with flush heads in order for it to close with them in but it is sturdy the way it is. I used a rubber bumper below the plastic that is on the tailgate to keep pressure on so it doesn’t rattle any. The magnet works awesome, just need to put a thick decal where it hits the door so it doesn’t chip the door. Total cost was about 25$

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
Looks great! I need to do something like that. Did you have to make new holes in the tailgate for the all of the screws and rope?
I actually just ziptie my hinges to the lower grates already on the tailgate. I did this so I could remove it if it didn't work over time....yet the ziptie have held for about 2 years now.

I also used ziptie to hold the paracord hangars in place behind the plastic fascia.

Just do it how you see fit.

Reactions: Tim nash

Tim nash

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mantorville, MN, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Nash
Member #

Yeah I drilled mine and used screws because I’m not planning on taking it out, but it is all personal preference on how you attach everything. One I saw used gorilla double sided sticky tape for the table, but I was not planning on going that route. The zip ties would be a good route if your not to sure about it or want to test it out though

Reactions: ArmyofMike

Tim nash

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mantorville, MN, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Nash
Member #

I will say that it does not fit my double burner Coleman camp grill while the grill is open, I will be using mine as a prep table or my pocket rocket or jet boil will work. If it were lower it would work but that height wouldn’t work for me.

Reactions: MtnManAlex

Viking Justice

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Justice
Member #

So, I was looking at making a DIY tailgate shelf for my JK. Watched a ton of videos on YouTube. Came across one that had this shelf in it. At first glimpse, It appears to be a Teraflex MP Tailgate Table, which retails for roughly $223 on most sites. But, I got this on Amazon for $80. Has all the same specs (23.5"w x 12"d) and handle the same weight (roughly 75 lbs evenly distributed). What I really like is it came fully put together. I just had to drill four holes and install the nutserts. Wham, bam, thank you ma'am, it was done. I literally just finished installing it. Took less than 20 mins. I'm very pleased with it. I had the DIY table almost complete, just didn't like the way it looked when I started to mount it... Guess I'm too picky at times. lol

Attachments