jakesname

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Denver
First Name
jake
Last Name
d
Has anyone found a dual tire carrier for a jeep in the US? You see them alot overseas where they have tracks the distance of LA to Denver.

If no one's making them has anyone done theor own CAD and sent it off to a fabricator?

I run 33's so they should fit my current bumper and I've though about drilling a 2nd mount but all jeeps seem to want to center carry.

Reactions: SubeeBen

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
Generally, the reason for one center mounted spare is the taillights. I don’t see why you couldn’t make a dual carrier, you may have to incorporate taillights into it to remain legal. Or mount the spares high.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
The need to two spares is a great topic here is my 2 cents! What we teach here in the Sierra Foothills is how to repair tires and for those that want to cary two spares we encourage them to cary a tire that is not mounted to save weight. The unmounted spare can be mounted if needed in the field and balancing beads used for balance.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=tire+balancing+beads&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=177632489458&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9536531067575457029&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9032472&hvtargid=kwd-16982508838&ref=pd_sl_68ghxvuib0_e