Launch Member

Advocate III

Humboldt County, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Jacobs
Member #

I’m just curious as to which of the trails on Jeep Badge of Honor have you guys done and in what vehicles? I feel like the app itself doesn’t offer enough information about most of those trails so any first hand experience with any of those trails would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys.

JKScofield

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

17812 Regentview Ave. Bellflower, Ca 90706
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Scofield
Member #

I have the Gold Mountain Badge of honor. The app is definitely light on info. It’s a SoCal trail near Big Bear in the San Bernardino mountains, which is local for me. I’m looking to catch a couple more in the next year or so...

Reactions: m1jacobs

m1jacobs

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Humboldt County, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Jacobs
Member #

I have the Gold Mountain Badge of honor. The app is definitely light on info. It’s a SoCal trail near Big Bear in the San Bernardino mountains, which is local for me. I’m looking to catch a couple more in the next year or so...
I was thinking of hitting a few in SoCal or the two in Oregon, but the trail rating system confuses me beyond belief. I live in NorCal we should hit a few more for sure!

JKScofield

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

17812 Regentview Ave. Bellflower, Ca 90706
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Scofield
Member #

Everything is based off of the Rubicon trail near Tahoe. That’s the benchmark...10. Though it’s been tamed from what I’ve read. My Jeep is pretty well built, so the GM trail wasn’t too crazy and it’s a 6-9 rating which is vague at best. My buddy made it easily in a stock Rubicon.

Hit me up if you want to roll a SoCal trail...if I’m free, I’m up for it!!

DerekT4R

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Dayton, OH, USA
Member #

I did the Redbird SRA trails in Indiana last year. I had a TJ Wrangler with 32s and a 2 inch lift. The trails were easy to moderate. I went on a dry day, but have heard the trails are much more difficult after rain.
The trails are currently being updated until later this year so they were temporarily removed from the app. Hope this helps!

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

Badges I have received:
  • Black Bear Pass
  • Poughkeepsie Gulch
  • Engineer Pass
  • Imogene Pass

I have also done Top of the World, but forgot to check in and have yet to try emailing.. These were done in my 2012 JKU Sport on 35's with open difs, stock height with flat fenders. But I think most Jeeps of all types could do those in stock form.. Particularly stock wranglers.

IMG_20181013_214835.jpg

RB3Adventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Haven, Indiana
Member #

I have only 1 badge so far from Marble Head on Drummond Island in Michigan. Have plans to get more.
Most of the trails seem to be easy to find with just a little research in the area. 20181019_040546.jpg

Reactions: MazeVX

Influencer II

Riverside,CA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Cochran
Member #

I have done the following trails but the app never works for me lol Mainly because I always forget to log into the app to record it :P

The Rubicon
Dusy Ershim
John Bull Trail
Gold Mountain
Holcomb Creek
Pinyon Mountain Trail

NinerMikeMike

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Liberty Township, OH
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Maratea
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8MEO
I run a 2016 JK Rubicon, 2.5" lift on 33's, with some additional armor underneath. So a pretty mild build.

I have a few Badges:

Marble Head Loop - Drummond Island MI
Windrock Trail 16 - Oak Ridge TN
Windrock Trail 41 - Oak Ridge TN (an out and back to a place called Panther Rock)
SMORR Pee Wee's Crossing - Seymour MO
SMORR Guard Rail - Seymour MO

The Drummond Island and SMORR (Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch) were both Jeep Jamboree events, which offer a variety of difficulty levels within each event. The trails will be extensively pre-run, so branches, debris, etc will be cleared before the events. The trail difficulty will seem overrated, especially if you have some level of offroad experience on various terrain. The Jamborees, while expensive(ish), are a great way to get some offroad experience, as you have experienced, volunteer trail guides who are dedicated to getting you through. Additionally, they're big social events, and a lot of fun. Windrock Park is 77,000 acres, and the trails are maintained. There are extensive map options available, and the trail ratings the park provides are generally accurate. Pretty much something for everyone there.

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Did you guys hear they will be coming out with a new badge and giving you the chance to reorder your old badges?

I've got 3. Fins and Things / Hells Revenge from Moab and Schnebly Hill road in Sedona AZ.

Schnebly Hill Rd could be done in a lifted wagon or 2wd w/ high clearance.

Screenshot_20190708-143249.jpeg

Flamewave

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakdale, CT
First Name
John
Last Name
Matusiak
Member #

Did you guys hear they will be coming out with a new badge and giving you the chance to reorder your old badges?
I just got my first badge and it's the new design. I think the redesign looks great.
20190717_235021.jpg

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

I think the old badges were a bit better but the new ones still look very nice. What I really like is that Jeep has started sending them out quicker.

AE08466D-28EE-4F5D-A46F-20EB8DFB25ED.jpeg

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
I run a 2016 JK Rubicon, 2.5" lift on 33's, with some additional armor underneath. So a pretty mild build.

I have a few Badges:

Marble Head Loop - Drummond Island MI
Windrock Trail 16 - Oak Ridge TN
Windrock Trail 41 - Oak Ridge TN (an out and back to a place called Panther Rock)
SMORR Pee Wee's Crossing - Seymour MO
SMORR Guard Rail - Seymour MO

The Drummond Island and SMORR (Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch) were both Jeep Jamboree events, which offer a variety of difficulty levels within each event. The trails will be extensively pre-run, so branches, debris, etc will be cleared before the events. The trail difficulty will seem overrated, especially if you have some level of offroad experience on various terrain. The Jamborees, while expensive(ish), are a great way to get some offroad experience, as you have experienced, volunteer trail guides who are dedicated to getting you through. Additionally, they're big social events, and a lot of fun. Windrock Park is 77,000 acres, and the trails are maintained. There are extensive map options available, and the trail ratings the park provides are generally accurate. Pretty much something for everyone there.
I think the old badges were a bit better but the new ones still look very nice. What I really like is that Jeep has started sending them out quicker.

View attachment 110765
I'm looking at doing WindRock in a few weeks. How were those trails? Were going up for 2 full days of wheeling and then driving back on sunday. What do you guys recommend, pointers?

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
I just completed my first badge of honor trail which was Dickey Bell 91. Still haven’t gotten it in the mail though.IMG_9359.JPG

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

I'm looking at doing WindRock in a few weeks. How were those trails? Were going up for 2 full days of wheeling and then driving back on sunday. What do you guys recommend, pointers?
WindRock is fun. I didn’t get to spend as much time there as I wanted but I got enough of a taste to know I’m going back as soon as I can. There were a lot of quads there when I was there so it seemed a bit crowded but I imagine it will be better as soon as it cools down a bit.

renodemona

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TCT
I've done Engineer Pass in my Cherokee in 2016, had no idea the badges were a thing though. I live like an hour from the Rubicon but I actually have no desire to run it. It always seems crowded, something going on every weekend with a this club or that group. Pictures look pretty though.