It's a dogs life!

• HTML tutorial

Red Beard

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mexia, Texas
Member #

Show me how mans best friend rides while you are overlanding. I haven't been out on a trip where my blue heeler (ACD) Diesel could go with us sense I got my new truck. Looking for ideas to make him more comfortable and secure while cruising the back country. Let me see what y'all have come up with. Oh and post up those pups even if you don't take them with you on your travels.

Thanks, here is Diesel all 86 pounds of him...
IMG_3598.JPG
IMG_1907.JPG

Last edited:

Red Beard

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mexia, Texas
Member #

Here's a huge thread on members' canine travelers. You might get some ideas there.

Overland Hound

Thanks for the link Steve there's som great looking pups in there. I looked through most of that thread and it is for the most part just a picture thread. What I am looking for is ideas for platforms and things of that nature people have assembled in their rigs specifically it accommodate their pets.

Oh and Steve how are you liking your 4runner? We love ours.

Red Beard

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mexia, Texas
Member #

Cheers mate, the 79 does go well.
Tank sleeps on the back bench seat, he does not need any platform when travelling. But he does need the centre console to rest his head.
I had a single cab 79 as a company truck in Kuwait. Loved that thing, did every thing I could to buy it from the company but was denied on all requests.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Yep, I know it was mostly pup pics. I hadn't looked at in in a while and thought it might have some travel ideas.

Oh and Steve how are you liking your 4runner?
Although I occasionally miss the Outback, the 4Runner is a wonderful vehicle. We will be leaving on our second cross-country trip in it next Saturday!

Reactions: Red Beard

Red Beard

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mexia, Texas
Member #

Yep, I know it was mostly pup pics. I hadn't looked at in in a while and thought it might have some travel ideas.

Although I occasionally miss the Outback, the 4Runner is a wonderful vehicle. We will be leaving on our second cross-country trip in it next Saturday!

Safe travels and look me up if y'all pass through central Texas.

Reactions: Steve

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

We got a dog seat belt which attaches to the child seat anchor, every car and truck have these. The other end hooks onto the harness of our dog. Got it from Amazon for $15