Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Clarksville Va
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Conner
Member #

ive got a 98 amigo with a thule rack on it and it has a kayak rack on one side.
soooo im wandering through the local wally world and spy a small roof rack basket that is set up to go on ones already installed factory roof racks. so my beady little brains starts thinkin this might be the ticket to be able to hang that puppy on the of rack side of the crossbars and give myself an albeit small roof basket rack but it would allow me to carry fuel and other items on the roof and still be able to swing the kayak with me when im out and about. i know its not one of the multi load super duper jobbies they make for the offroad trucs but with my car brand being pretty much a non entity in the us i have to think waaaay outside the boxes for anything. besides who like to color in the lines anyway..
any thoughts on wether this seems like it could be a workable thing or if it would put to much strain on the crossbars being they are so close together. things like that. feel free to holler up with possible solutions.
once i get it out of the shop i can get started on making it a little more tht it is right now.
peace
mikey