Canton, GA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Kekel
Member #

Service Branch
US Coast Guard
Welcome, you came to the right place you can find out pretty much anything you want to know about overlanding and more.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Big Question....

What is the end game with the ForeRunner ?
Why are you here ?

We are not really a Toyota mods forum.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

I'm new. Edward aka Sixkillah.. First Toyota... After my jeep was Vandalized, I decided to get a 4Runner. Looking for Toyota accessories I came across this overland site.
Welcome from a 4runner pilot in Colorado. Lots of great camp and off road info here, some outfitting help and ideas for various rigs as well.
For tech info and more mods than you can handle for your new 4Runner you'll want to check out T4R.Org. (if you've not done so already.)

Boort

Reactions: Billiebob

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Welcome @Sixkillah ! Sorry to hear about the Jeep getting vandalized...that definitely sucks. You can learn a lot by following along with some of the vehicles in the build threads as well. This site is unlike any other forum you'll come across, completely free of ads that bog down the site, and the behavior and friendliness here is top notch! Poke around, there's a lot to look at on OB!

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

ForeRunner is a great overland vehicle. Not sure what you mean by accessories but there are forums for everything from cooking to bathroom equipment. You'll notice there is only 1 vehicle builds thread. This website is more about overlanding than building a vehicle. Some of us believe Toyota/Jeep engineered great off roaders and adding or changing the mechanical components only increases the risk of getting stranded while overlanding in some remote location.

That said go to the forums that interest you and discover the possibilities. Overlanding is more about exploring than building. Get those few basics you need to start, like shelter, refrigeration, maps, and start planning an adventure. There are several organized camps to meet other overlanders too.

Going to an Overland Event, even just for a day might be the best way to start. There are always a few equipment venders there.

Reactions: Sixkillah and Boort

Sixkillah

Rank 0

Contributor I

Albany, Georgia, United States
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Lawson
ForeRunner is a great overland vehicle. Not sure what you mean by accessories but there are forums for everything from cooking to bathroom equipment. You'll notice there is only 1 vehicle builds thread. This website is more about overlanding than building a vehicle. Some of us believe Toyota/Jeep engineered great off roaders and adding or changing the mechanical components only increases the risk of getting stranded while overlanding in some remote location.

That said go to the forums that interest you and discover the possibilities. Overlanding is more about exploring than building. Get those few basics you need to start, like shelter, refrigeration, maps, and start planning an adventure. There are several organized camps to meet other overlanders too.

Going to an Overland Event, even just for a day might be the best way to start. There are always a few equipment venders there.
Accessories as in roof top racks, tents... etc... Will I overland to the point I'll need fuel cans... etc... basically I'm just looking for pointers and ideas. I'm interested in looking at other rigs to see which direction I would like to go. I think I'm done with the hardcore mudding and rock crawling. I think I just wanna get to a nice off the beaten path fishing spot. Lol

Reactions: Road

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm new. Edward aka Sixkillah.. First Toyota... After my jeep was Vandalized, I decided to get a 4Runner. Looking for Toyota accessories I came across this overland site.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Sixkillah,
Welcome to Overland Bound. I’m glad you found us! We may not have the information on the 4Runner, that a site like t4r.org does, but if you want information and friends, people to wheel with, ideas on setting up to Overland, you have found the right spot. I wheel a 99’ Limited myself! Enjoy! Vance.