JCCE

Rank 0

Contributor I

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Bedford
I'm wanting to do a small lift and I'm very interested in a 2 inch to keep the price and the rig as low as practical. Is there anyone using a 2 inch lift and if so, do you like it or should I just get a 2.5 lift.

I've been looking at the Rancho 2 inch lift which looks to have stronger springs for heavy loads.

Reactions: SubeeBen

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I'm wanting to do a small lift and I'm very interested in a 2 inch to keep the price and the rig as low as practical. Is there anyone using a 2 inch lift and if so, do you like it or should I just get a 2.5 lift.

I've been looking at the Rancho 2 inch lift which looks to have stronger springs for heavy loads.
A 2" lift will require the exact same components as a 2,5" lift so if it is really cheaper its lower quality or missing components.
If you want to stay on the budget side I would suggest a 2,5" rubicon express with their monotube shocks. The standard system works pretty good, I would just add something to correct the steering geometry and a adjustable front trackbar.

Reactions: JCCE

JCCE

Rank 0

Contributor I

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Bedford
Thanks for the advise. I like the teraflex but I was concerned about the springs. They look more like the stock springs and didn't know if they could handle a heavy load. I definitely check out the outback springs.

Steven LeDuke

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Portland, Michigan
First Name
Steven
Last Name
LeDuke
Member #

Love my 2.5 AEV, I have 70,000 mile on the lift and it’s still going strong. Have 33 inch tires but there is enough room for 35 inch tires.

Reactions: JCCE

Cal-Dogg

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Poway, CA, USA
First Name
Troy
Last Name
Frasure
Member #

So to keep the original lifetime powertrain warranty on my '08 Rubicon, I went with the Mopar 2.5" lift with Fox 2.0 shocks. I've been running this set-up for about 5 years as my daily driver. I commute about 70+ miles per day and lost about 3 MPG after the upgrade (Avg. 15-16 MPG combined). On-road, the ride is a little rough but I love the looks and height over traffic. Off-road, I am very satisfied. Hope this helps.

Reactions: MazeVX