iPad navigation | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

iPad navigation

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

RJ Howell

Rank IV

Member III

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

I do find glitches in Gaia, yet not really that many to move me away. I typically can route around from what data I have and just visual. I think this happens to all us with any software. I have posted to Gaia where I found weirdness and I see they added some of this info. The other way is to check if others have shared tracks in the area. I have found this also to be very helpful! Gaia has a strong community adding to all the phases of the app.

I use several routes put out by the Moto-Sport folks as guides in areas I don't know. As long as you can get .kmx or .gpx they load up in Gaia. I do press for .gpx... I have also found that if a track is post in Google there is website that will Mae a .gpx out of it. Maps to GPX I have no idea how long this will remain free... so use it as you need now..

I don't use Gaia as a 'go-to' app, well not yet anyway. I do use it to direct on a route/track I have up. For that it works like it should. Now this would be the item OB could step up and beyond the others out there, by setting up the turn-by-turn to overland routes and no commercial routing. No one has that yet!

Safe Travels! I'll be passing by your area sometime in Jan!

Reactions: NMBruce

NMBruce

Rank IV
Adventure

Enthusiast I

SW Colorado
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham Callsign
KE0NBD
Service Branch
U.S. Air Force
I do find glitches in Gaia, yet not really that many to move me away. I typically can route around from what data I have and just visual. I think this happens to all us with any software. I have posted to Gaia where I found weirdness and I see they added some of this info. The other way is to check if others have shared tracks in the area. I have found this also to be very helpful! Gaia has a strong community adding to all the phases of the app.

I use several routes put out by the Moto-Sport folks as guides in areas I don't know. As long as you can get .kmx or .gpx they load up in Gaia. I do press for .gpx... I have also found that if a track is post in Google there is website that will Mae a .gpx out of it. Maps to GPX I have no idea how long this will remain free... so use it as you need now..

I don't use Gaia as a 'go-to' app, well not yet anyway. I do use it to direct on a route/track I have up. For that it works like it should. Now this would be the item OB could step up and beyond the others out there, by setting up the turn-by-turn to overland routes and no commercial routing. No one has that yet!

Safe Travels! I'll be passing by your area sometime in Jan!
Thanks

I need to find out if "Big Dog Adventures" use a GPX file, he has the CDT mapped out

I should be around the area, PM me and maybe we can meet for lunch

velo47

Rank VI

Explorer III

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Harland
Member #

Ham Callsign
W3TAX